NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

6 minutes ago, SkolMasterMN said:

Pretty uneducated response. Bulls are the 9 seed in the East right now and not too far off (2.5 games) of the 4 seed. Zach LaVine has stepped it up this year big time. They aren't an easy win.

The Bulls suck, flat out. 19-23 overall, 4-16 vs teams over .500 aka the Bulls suck.

Try again, n00b.

The only teams in the East with a worse record vs teams over .500 are the Magic and Pistons and the Magic are 4-16 like the Bulls.

EDIT - I lied, 5-17 is better than 4-16. The Bulls have the worst record in the East vs teams over .500, tied with the Magic. There is nothing good about the Bulls.

EDIT #2 - To expand, the only team with a worse record vs teams over .500 in the entire NBA is the Timberwolves at 4-23. Again, the Bulls suck.

Edited by beekay414

The Bucks are a top 5 (definitely raising after tonight) 3pt shooting team this year. That's huge when you consider the most ideal fits around Giannis.

I know a lot of people don't believe in Giannis in the playoffs but...you're in for something fun. Believe in the Greek Freak. Those who don't are blasphemers. 

@champ11 I see you

Edited by beekay414

Anybody bought tickets from Vivid Seats lately? 

I just did for Wednesday's game vs the Celtics and I'm wondering how they go about it? Is it just an honor system or is it like the initial release of tickets where you have to fill out a questionnaire? 

Um, I guess? Not exactly sure why the Lakers are hell bent on getting another big? They need a consistent shooter more than anything. Drummond doesn't work as well with AD/Bron as Gasol does as he clogs the paint and can't pass nearly as well as Gasol....Oh yeah, Drummond is a terrible finisher as well.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Um, I guess? Not exactly sure why the Lakers are hell bent on getting another big? They need a consistent shooter more than anything. Drummond doesn't work as well with AD/Bron as Gasol does as he clogs the paint and can't pass nearly as well as Gasol....Oh yeah, Drummond is a terrible finisher as well.

They really don't have any size other than AD/Gasol and made it work with AD playing the 4 and Howard/McGee at the 5. But I agree that Drummond isn't a great fit, he's not very good defender or rim protector. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

They really don't have any size other than AD/Gasol and made it work with AD playing the 4 and Howard/McGee at the 5. But I agree that Drummond isn't a great fit, he's not very good defender or rim protector. 

How much more size do they need? Like why do they need any more size? Jones wasn't a bad player for them and could have given them decent minutes off the bench. They have been hell bent on getting Drummond for a while, just don't see why that is the case.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

How much more size do they need? Like why do they need any more size? Jones wasn't a bad player for them and could have given them decent minutes off the bench. They have been hell bent on getting Drummond for a while, just don't see why that is the case.

LeFraud needs more help. Aldridge would've been an interesting pick up especially with AD's injury/uncertainty. I read that he's likely headed to Miami though.

Edited by NYRaider

Gasol simply is not a starting C at this point of his career. That’s why they want Drummond. Yes he doesnt offer the spacing Marc does but he will only play in spurts and AD/Bron still managed to eat when Howard/McGee were on the floor. 

Drummond is not what the Lakers need though. They need Whiteside. He is an anchor defensively and has a decent mid range shot when open. Drummond with Lakers, will most likely be catching lobs from AD/Bron off their 2 man game.

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

The Bucks are a top 5 (definitely raising after tonight) 3pt shooting team this year. That's huge when you consider the most ideal fits around Giannis.

I know a lot of people don't believe in Giannis in the playoffs but...you're in for something fun. Believe in the Greek Freak. Those who don't are blasphemers. 

@champ11 I see you

i told u i roll with my small market fam. bucks / nuggets finals preferable for me

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If anyone could get him motivated for half a season defensively it's LeBron. Adding another rotation guy is never a bad thing.

4 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

If anyone could get him motivated for half a season defensively it's LeBron. Adding another rotation guy is never a bad thing.

Has Drummond ever been a good defensive player? McGee and Howard were both pretty solid rim protectors throughout their careers. 

54 minutes ago, indifference said:

Gasol simply is not a starting C at this point of his career. That’s why they want Drummond. Yes he doesnt offer the spacing Marc does but he will only play in spurts and AD/Bron still managed to eat when Howard/McGee were on the floor. 

Drummond is not what the Lakers need though. They need Whiteside. He is an anchor defensively and has a decent mid range shot when open. Drummond with Lakers, will most likely be catching lobs from AD/Bron off their 2 man game.

Obviously AD is currently hurt but his refusal to play the 5 is weird. He should start at C so they can start Morris/Kuzma at the 4.