Aaron Rodgers breaks collarbone - could miss rest of 2017

Apparition

Barr lost his credibility when he headbutted Adams after Hundley's INT for no reason. I still don't feel it was a bad hit, but he clearly had no issue being reckless out there today and surely could've held up and not hit Aaron. Not surprisingly he got a concussion on some hit later in the game, probably from a similar circumstance being overly aggressive.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Barr lost his credibility when he headbutted Adams after Hundley's INT for no reason. I still don't feel it was a bad hit, but he clearly had no issue being reckless out there today and surely could've held up and not hit Aaron. Not surprisingly he got a concussion on some hit later in the game, probably from a similar circumstance being overly aggressive.

Credibility of what?

5 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Credibility of what?

When it happened I thought, he's not out there trying to hurt anyone out there. Then you headbutt a player (one who was just in the freakin hospital with a head injury no less) and I no longer can believe that. He definitely drove Rodgers into the ground with more body weight behind it than necessary. 

9 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

oh good grief. it's football.

And there are player safety rules in place for exactly this reason. The sport is popular because of the elite QBs, it is wise to protect QBs for this reason.

It's why this hit is illegal. Rodgers has landed on his arm 1000 times. But not with a 260lb defenders illegally driving him into the ground and landing on him with his full weight.

This is the result. That's the reason for this exact rule.

39 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

here are the NFL rules, cited earlier. it describes exactly what happened and why it isn't illegal or a penalized play.

Barr did not "unnecessarily" or "violently" throw Rodgers down to the ground. he didn't even throw him down at all, they went to the ground together.

Barr also wrapped his arms around Rodgers during the tackle. it was Rodgers who stuck his right arm out to break his fall, contacting the ground first with it.

a defensive player must not unnecessarily or violently throw him down and land on top of him with all or most of the defender's weight. Instead, the defensive player must strive to wrap up or cradle the passer with the defensive player's arms.

2cfuyiv.jpg

Just now, incognito_man said:

And there are player safety rules in place for exactly this reason. The sport is popular because of the elite QBs, it is wise to protect QBs for this reason.

It's why this hit is illegal. Rodgers has landed on his arm 1000 times. But not with a 260lb defenders illegally driving him into the ground and landing on him with his full weight.

Did you see the quote I typed which explained why it wasn't illegal?

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

30 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

30njg9j.jpg xdwb9e.jpg

don't stick your arm out to contact the ground first and break your fall. 

Look at the last image, there's no reason not to have released the QB by that point unless you want to finish the play by using your body weight to crush him. That last leg will come off the ground and then that's all Rodgers weight and Barr's on one shoulder, you think putting the arm down caused thw injury? Give me a break.

Archived