Aaron Rodgers breaks collarbone - could miss rest of 2017

Apparition

14 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

It sucks that Rodgers was injured, as he is a genuinely good cat and an all-time great QB. But listening to the whining over whether the hit was clean or dirty (it was clean and happens 20 times every week in the NFL) has got Vikings fans all like:

Guess you can't read. Literally no one said it was dirty. 

This place sucks. So many posters so giddy about this injury and they don't take 2 seconds to read or understand anything.

Just now, incognito_man said:

Guess you can't read. Literally no one said it was dirty. 

This place sucks. So many posters so giddy about this injury and they don't take 2 seconds to read or understand anything.

Well it wasn't illegal either. 

This place sucks. So many posters trying to find something in the hit that wasn't there. I'd be more than willing to bet that Barr isn't fined for the hit. 

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I saw the guy with the best view complaining about it. Why are you ignoring his opinion?

Perhaps he, like you, is a bit biased. I'm sure he'll watch the film and realize there's no need to get his skirt in a ruffle. Again, it happens many times a week in the NFL. It's part of the game. Period. 

And last I checked, Rodgers was a QB, not an official. His opinion of the legality is irrelevant. 

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

Perhaps he, like you, is a bit biased. I'm sure he'll watch the film and realize there's no need to get his skirt in a ruffle. Again, it happens many times a week in the NFL. It's part of the game. Period. 

And last I checked, Rodgers was a QB, not an official. His opinion of the legality is irrelevant. 

Far more relevant than Terry Bradshaw, analysts, or Mike perreira and commentators.

23 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Well it wasn't illegal either. 

This place sucks. So many posters trying to find something in the hit that wasn't there. I'd be more than willing to bet that Barr isn't fined for the hit. 

It is illegal. And of course he won't be fined. Why would he?

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It is illegal. And of course he won't be fined. Why would he?

Well if it was an illegal hit, they'd probably fine him. That happens a lot, you know. Every week the NFL fines players. This week, Griffen won't be one of them. 

It looked like a dirty play to me. He could've pulled up after he saw that Rodgers had released the ball. Rodgers was off balance and was looking downfield so he was pretty much "defenseless". Hell, Barr could've gave him a hard shove instead of driving him into the ground like that.

14 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Well if it was an illegal hit, they'd probably fine him. That happens a lot, you know. Every week the NFL fines players. This week, Griffen won't be one of them. 

H2h hits are often fined, the other 99% of infractions are not. Also, it was Barr not Griffen.

Baffled how the hit can be viewed as illegal. This is exactly what DCs love, if you can't get a sack, put a hit on the QB to try and rattle him. Dom Capers and any other DC would nod in approval if their LB did the same, whether a guy got injured or not.

Honestly wouldn't be shocked if the rules got tweaked somehow because this is probably the most significant injury since Brady and will be talked about for a while.

Sucks for Rodgers. The season won't be the same without him running around and tossing bombs.

14 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Baffled how the hit can be viewed as illegal. This is exactly what DCs love, if you can't get a sack, put a hit on the QB to try and rattle him. Dom Capers and any other DC would nod in approval if their LB did the same, whether a guy got injured or not.

Honestly wouldn't be shocked if the rules got tweaked somehow because this is probably the most significant injury since Brady and will be talked about for a while.

Sucks for Rodgers. The season won't be the same without him running around and tossing bombs.

The rules don't need to be tweaked at all. This play is already technically illegal as written. You need not be baffled any longer.

Archived