Aaron Rodgers breaks collarbone - could miss rest of 2017

Apparition

17 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

So if I'm reading this thread correctly we just need to make a few changes so we can have a league that resembles this...

flag-football-sportsnic.jpg

No you are reading wrong. No changes necessary at all. The rule has existed for probably close to a decade at least. 

I think the league has done well in that span.

No clue why you feel the need to make a flag football comparison or think any drastic changes were suggested. Complete strawman.

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

Everyone with an upcoming game against them are.

I doubt most of those doing the dancing was hoping for an injury, but now that he is out of the picture, they can certainly be happy that their chances of winning just grew exponentially.

Not that fans are hoping for an injury, but just that he's out of the picture regardless of circumstance. I mean, let's face it helps the rest of the division. The Packers are really that one guy from being a team that is on par with or below the Bears, Lions, and Vikings. I'd be happy he's out too. 

18 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

The thing Favre will at least have over Rodgers is that he was a durable SOB. 

Btw, you know deep down Vikings fans are doing a little dance now that Rodgers is out of the picture. Bears and Lions fans too. 

Yeah favre was definitely a more naturally thick guy. Rodgers has a far slighter frame.

2 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Everyone with an upcoming game against them are.

I doubt most of those doing the dancing was hoping for an injury, but now that he is out of the picture, they can certainly be happy that their chances of winning just grew exponentially.

I gotta be honest. With the Rams possibly being in playoff contention this year, I'm relieved we likely won't have to face Rodgers if we make it. 

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

No you are reading wrong. No changes necessary at all. The rule has existed for probably close to a decade at least. 

I think the league has done well in that span.

No clue why you feel the need to make a flag football comparison or think any drastic changes were suggested. Complete strawman.

No I'm just reading several overreactions from people on a totally clean play..

It isn't fun to watch your playoff chances diminish substantially as #12 is carted off to the locker room and the x-ray machine.  Barr really didn't have to tackle him.  I'm certain he realized Rodgers didn't have the ball but saw an opportunity to get a hit on the QB and knew he could do it without getting flagged.  I'm not saying he wanted to injure Rodgers but everybody knows QBs don't like to be hit and it gives them happy feet.  Getting Rodgers antsy back there and worried about pressure instead of his progressions increases the chances of GB's opponent winning that particular game.  Every defender is gonna do this to any really good QB if they get a chance.   

A real shame. First Watt, now Rodgers. 2 future HOFers in their prime.

Rodgers greatest weakness does not lie in his play, rather it's his relatively small frame. Just like Steve Young. Still, I don't think this is a major injury, I think joint sprain/tears or even a serious knee injury would be more detrimental long term to a QB like Rodgers than this. He may be more susceptible to re-breaking it, but I believe that's the extent of its' lasting effects once it's healed up. He'll be back to 100% to start next season, by the latest.... Wish I could say the same for Watt.

there's nothing wrong with the tackle. in fact, rodgers is already turned over before barr's weight reaches him completely. as a defender, you're taking that shot 10/10 times. not necessarily to injure the opposing QB, but haunt him mentally. 

durable QBs lay down and take the sack rather than trying to extend the play knowing they are going to get drilled. rodgers can do miracles by extending plays, but will also suffer injuries every other season. pick your poison i guess.

3 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

In what world has Rodgers been wasted? The packers have made the playoffs every single season since their superbowl win.....You can't ask for more than that. 

Debatable. Many on this forum and fans overall were expecting a dynasty after their SB run. To have what some consider “the most talented QB of all time” and a future top 10 QB of all time, and only appear in one super bowl throughout his prime? Definitely could be considered wasted.

5 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

As for the hit, that’s a good no-call. Pretty clear who is saying it was a dirty play and who is saying otherwise...fan base wise.

It always blows my mind it the entire nfl is like "clean hit" and the fans of one team go " OMGZZZ HE BURIED HIM 6 feet under, he clearly tried to murder him and frame his family for it what a monster." I mean someone said that the adams hit had people fearing he was dead lmao

I am rather saddened by the news, not only is Aaron Rodgers an A-level QB, but also a pretty good person. I wish him the best of recoveries, especially considering that the injury was on his throwing side. I hope that Hundley can pull the Pack to the playoffs, and we can see Rodgers again this season.

10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

really wasn't a late hit at all, it was illegal because he intentionally drove him into the ground and landed on him with his full weight (which resulted in the injury). He chose to do that. Had he not, it would have been still a solid hit, but AR would be leading a 5-1 team vs New Orleans next weekend.

It sucks that Rodgers was injured, as he is a genuinely good cat and an all-time great QB. But listening to the whining over whether the hit was clean or dirty (it was clean and happens 20 times every week in the NFL) has got Vikings fans all like:

Archived