What are you thinking about?

pwny

8 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I think it’s hilarious that we are all adults and have so many threads that get locked all the time for being about a topic mods know we aren’t mentally mature enough to discuss civilly. 

I think it's a reflection of people who post here. 

We're all horrible.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 11:39 PM, Ty21 said:

*try to withdraw $2k*
atm: uhhh that’s more than I have in stock

*try to withdraw $1k*
atm: uhh that’s more than I have 

*try to withdraw $500

atm: uhhh that’s more than I have

atm: your card is now locked 

Why on earth would you be getting 2k in cash from an atm?

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

My mom needed to borrow money late at night. She’s never asked before but a couple months ago she got hit by a car while riding her bike and broke her back and has been out of work and insurance and unemployment won’t help her with anything so everything has been out of pocket for her. Insurance will eventually catch up and unemployment I guess since she’s a nurse but her health insurance and car insurance refuse to pay cause they both say the other is responsible to pay and throwing her through loops. 

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah I would never withdraw that much from a machine. 

Although I deposit around 2k all the time through one of those big machines inside the bank, not the ATM. Those things are great. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Although I deposit around 2k all the time through one of those big machines inside the bank, not the ATM. Those things are great. 

I’m surprised my bank hasn’t added one of those just from me. I roll in every Monday or Tuesday with around that much money in mostly smaller bills from bartending lol. They probably hate me 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I’m surprised my bank hasn’t added one of those just from me. I roll in every Monday or Tuesday with around that much money in mostly smaller bills from bartending lol. They probably hate me 

Same. I deal cards. I go in weekly with around that amount. I can only imagine actually going up to the teller every week with that much $ in smaller bills haha, I’d probably see eye rolls as soon as I walk in. 

Try Chase. They are great when it comes to technology and staying ahead of the curve. Been with them over a decade. Only non-online bank I have. 

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah I would never withdraw that much from a machine. 

Deposits are one thing, I understand not wanting to keep a ton of cash on you or whatever.  I’ve used atms for deposits plenty of times.

25 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

My mom needed to borrow money late at night. She’s never asked before but a couple months ago she got hit by a car while riding her bike and broke her back and has been out of work and insurance and unemployment won’t help her with anything so everything has been out of pocket for her. Insurance will eventually catch up and unemployment I guess since she’s a nurse but her health insurance and car insurance refuse to pay cause they both say the other is responsible to pay and throwing her through loops. 

There’s probably a few easier and more reliable ways of lending money if you think this will be a reoccurring thing.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There’s probably a few easier and more reliable ways of lending money if you think this will be a reoccurring thing.

Zelle. His mom may not be technology efficient though.

Zelle is awesome. Always said the crypto Ripple will fail because Zelle already exist. There was no use case. 

• Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

Zelle. His mom may not be technology efficient though.

Zelle is awesome. Always said the crypto Ripple will fail because Zelle already exist. There was no use case. 

Or PayPal or Apple Pay or Venmo or whatever yeah.  Hell even a check.

If it’s for paying bills, use your credit card and at least get the points.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Does anyone else keep cash in their home for emergencies like this?  I usually keep a few thousand on hand just in case something pops up. 

My wife and I have actually talked about it. We should really do/have done this a while ago. This has also become an "If you give a mouse a cookie" situation, because then I'd need a stand up safe of some sort in our room as well, which involves a decent chunk of change.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

My wife and I have actually talked about it. We should really do/have done this a while ago. This has also become an "If you give a mouse a cookie" situation, because then I'd need a stand up safe of some sort in our room as well, which involves a decent chunk of change.

Eh, I’m not really all that worried about someone stealing it.

If they’ve got enough time in my house to find where I keep it, I’ve got much bigger concerns than 5k.

Some of those “hide in plain sight safes” are pretty decent.  No one is checking outlets to see if they’re real.  No one is checking shaving cream cans or every book on a bookshelf.

• Like 2