What are you thinking about?

pwny

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Yo, @ET80, im in your home town. Id say lets grab lunch, but ive gotta head back to Austin in a couple hours. 

What  brings you in town? I'm heading out of town in about an hour to San Antonio, so I wouldn't have been able to meet up today - but we'll have to coordinate nonetheless one of these days.

39 minutes ago, ET80 said:

What  brings you in town? I'm heading out of town in about an hour to San Antonio, so I wouldn't have been able to meet up today - but we'll have to coordinate nonetheless one of these days.

Rubicon Rims/Tires. The Gladiator I ordered comes with 31 inch tires but Rubicons are 33in. This guy bought a Rubi brand new and had the dealer upgrade to specialty 20in rims w/35 in tires. So he had a set of 4 brand new Rubi Rims/Wheels and wanted to sell them for dirt cheap. 

In Austin they go for ~$1k-1.5k, this guy is selling them for $700. Worth saving hundreds to drive up. Plus I got to see some friends last night. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Rubicon Rims/Tires. The Gladiator I ordered comes with 31 inch tires but Rubicons are 33in. This guy bought a Rubi brand new and had the dealer upgrade to specialty 20in rims w/35 in tires. So he had a set of 4 brand new Rubi Rims/Wheels and wanted to sell them for dirt cheap. 

In Austin they go for ~$1k-1.5k, this guy is selling them for $700. Worth saving hundreds to drive up. Plus I got to see some friends last night. 

Why do all these in person bromances always fall through

Has anyone had the Paqui ghost pepper chips? I can't tell how spicy they actually are.....

I grew up in northern Minnesota and my ancestry is Finnish where the joke is that "ketchup is too spicey", but these are labeled as the most extreme hot chips, and I can easily eat 6-8 chips before I need to stop. Are these really spicey? Are these a joke? I don't know what to believe anymore.

The only 3 plants I grow in my garden are jalapenos, thai chilis, and ghost peppers (because apparently peppers are the only plants I can't kill). I like making ghost pepper sauces because they have a great fruity taste, but I dilute them down because they are hot.

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Has anyone had the Paqui ghost pepper chips? I can't tell how spicy they actually are.....

I grew up in northern Minnesota and my ancestry is Finnish where the joke is that "ketchup is too spicey", but these are labeled as the most extreme hot chips, and I can easily eat 6-8 chips before I need to stop. Are these really spicey? Are these a joke? I don't know what to believe anymore.

The only 3 plants I grow in my garden are jalapenos, thai chilis, and ghost peppers (because apparently peppers are the only plants I can't kill). I like making ghost pepper sauces because they have a great fruity taste, but I dilute them down because they are hot.

Ive had several ghost pepper snacks that werent THAT hot...but it depends on your tolerance.    If they are ghost pepper snacks that are easily available, they arent going to be THAT spicy.       The ones that are true to the ghost pepper are the ones you have to usually order special from the manufacturers site or some weird site.

Paqui chips on the shelves arent that hot.   

Paqui one chip challenge on the other hand is a different story.   Never had it....but I wouldn't try it.   I like hot things, but not to the point of misery.

8 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Ive had them a few times when my coworker gets them. They’re spicy but not like “stop what you’re doing and sweat/cough” spicy… 

it’s a potato chip, so they still want it to be eaten regularly enough that they can sell them. Something so spicy it’s inedible is usually more of a novelty in a gift shop than a grocery store product 

this reminds me that Red Robin had a “Ghost Pepper” burger I used to get it all the time … it was only a 5-6 on the heat scale cause they wanted people to actually order it, but damn that was a good burger 

On 10/3/2021 at 11:44 PM, Heimdallr said:

I tried those Lays Jalapeno Cheddar chips one time.  Because they said they were spicy, and cheesy on the advertisements.

But they were actually neither.  At all.  They were gross.  And made my fingers orange.

Anyway.  As far as growing things in my own garden...i tried doing peppers once.  And my Habaneros were sad and puny, and not at all spicy.  And then the snow fell.  So idk.  Maybe you've got a green thumb.  But i wouldn't assume that your peppers are the normal scoville level or whatever, of a "typical" variant of that pepper.

On 9/29/2021 at 5:09 AM, Mega Ron said:

Reckon I'd get away with mailing a bag of edibles to myself in the UK when I next visit you traitors over there?

I think it'd be funnier if you got caught trying to mail edibles to yourself in Canada.  Where you probably would get caught and punished severely.  But also could just buy them at one of an absolutely unsustainable number of dispensaries that have popped up.

Edited by Tugboat