What are you thinking about?

pwny

On 11/28/2021 at 9:47 AM, Matts4313 said:

Can someone more technically inclined explain something to me: 

For some reason, yesterday my laptop started putting a cursor on my screen 24/7. If I touch the screen on a link, it will put a cursor in the middle of the word instead of clicking the link. When I press up/down keys to scroll - it has a cursor that goes letter by letter instead of moving the page up and down. Its extremely annoying and I dont know how to turn it off. 

On 11/28/2021 at 10:06 AM, Matts4313 said:

cursor.png

Thats what I am talking about. Thats never been there before, now its there all the time

If anyone else ever runs into this - its an accessibility issue in chrome. Apparently it can happen if you accidently press F7, but its in the menu settings as a box you can check/uncheck. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Feeling gutted today one of my best childhood/HS friend took his life yesterday.  

Yeah that’s rough man. One of my close coworkers took his life in 2019. While I’m not over it yet, it seems to get easier to deal with after a few years. At least it did in my case. Depression sucks

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Feeling gutted today one of my best childhood/HS friend took his life yesterday.  

Sincerely feel awful for you and his family and other friends!!! It isn't easy but you can get through it

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 9:31 AM, Matts4313 said:

That or touching the screen. What does everyone else use? 

The page up/down keys are also on the normal up/down keys for my laptop. 

Like, the scroll wheel on the mouse.  Or scrolling with the trackpad.

I feel like the only time i've ever even touched the pg up/down keys on a computer, are for like a weird stupid course in college one time.  I think it was MS Database or something?  Or working with Photoshop.

On 11/28/2021 at 9:34 AM, Dome said:

I've always just scrolled with the mouse/trackpad.

idk, i dont think that I've ever actually seen anyone use the PgUp or PgDown keys, or the arrow keys to scroll.

Yeah.  I ain't here, browsing this site, just like scrolling with the pgup/down keys.  I've legitimately never seen anybody in real life do that.  Or even touch those buttons, out of very specific program-specific context where it's useful.

On 11/28/2021 at 10:30 AM, Sugashane said:

I'm an odd one too apparently.

Weird.  It's so obscenely slow, trying to scroll with those buttons.  I just tried it to see.  And i did not like it one bit.

Though a separate branch to this is, why does every Windows laptop come with the two finger scrolling axis inverted (or technically not inverted) for no apparent reason?  Like, first thing i do with pretty much any laptop, is go in and flip that ****.  So it makes sense.  Like it's not a phone you carry in your pocket all day every day.  It just seems like it should be that way, but it always comes the other way.

Edited by Tugboat

Mostly though, i'm just thinking about how much it sucks trying to find a place to live in a city a long ways from where you currently are.  I always do this to myself, but i hate it no less each time.  Like no, i'm not going to be able to drive a thousand miles (literally) just to check out this place tomorrow afternoon.  On top of just the generally detached crappy feeling of not being in the area to feel it out, and not knowing all the nuances of the area.  Dodging scams and sketchy listings left and right.  Just feeling deflated.

Just such a garbage system overall i guess.

Would kill to just put in my info into some central database for a nice, solid place that meets my pretty flexible needs.  Have them call me up like, "yes, hello, we have selected your apartment".  Excellent!

4 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Been in the hospital since Tuesday with pneumonia. At best gonna miss a week of work. Inopportune timing since I just got this house a few weeks ago and holidays are coming up. 

That blows!!! Hoping you feel better shortly and get out of that hospital!!!

• Like 2

I had an incredible thing happen today. Truly amazing.

My ex mother in law is a huge B. I hated her the entire marriage. The stupid woman has been in my life since I was 17 and I cant wait to never see her again. 

So I go to my daughters bball game tonight in the jeep. After the game, headed home, top off, windows down, jamming spotify. I pull up to a red light as the song ABCDEFU comes on. Its catchy, and it makes me laugh. Its on spotify so its unedited. It gets to the chorus. "F U and your mom and your sister and your job"... still at red light. Gets back to the chorus. I am singing along as it runs through it again "FU and Your mom" 

I look over, and my ex MIL is next to me at the red light just staring at me. 

It was so satisfying. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I had an incredible thing happen today. Truly amazing.

My ex mother in law is a huge B. I hated her the entire marriage. The stupid woman has been in my life since I was 17 and I cant wait to never see her again. 

So I go to my daughters bball game tonight in the jeep. After the game, headed home, top off, windows down, jamming spotify. I pull up to a red light as the song ABCDEFU comes on. Its catchy, and it makes me laugh. Its on spotify so its unedited. It gets to the chorus. "F U and your mom and your sister and your job"... still at red light. Gets back to the chorus. I am singing along as it runs through it again "FU and Your mom" 

I look over, and my ex MIL is next to me at the red light just staring at me. 

It was so satisfying. 

Just makes me think of Korn, and A.D.I.D.A.S.  

Interestingly, most of the prudes and squares who have a problem with it...really hate it.  Weird.