What are you thinking about?

pwny

On 12/6/2021 at 10:40 AM, skywindO2 said:

City inspectors are such a worthless concept. Not apologizing to any city inspectors that might happen to be browsing this forum, I'm sure you know you're worthless already.

I recently had to get a new hot water heater and needed a city inspection afterward. The guy didn't even walk into the room, just looked at it from the hallway, "yep, that's a hot water heater."

From my Time in NYC working with said building inspectors, I can confirm. They for hollow core pre stressed panels for flooring/ceilings, they ask for  a bent rebar add in to the weld plate to keep the column from tipping and pulling the plate out. Which it wont. But what do I know, I'm just an engineer 

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/teachers-hit-floor-scoop-cash-124935197.html

@ramssuperbowl99 check it out, a HS version of the Dr. Pepper football throw challenge, where the biggest takeaway is a complete indictment of the system.

I can't wait for 5 years from now when teachers across this great country get vacuum cleaners to kick off their teaching careers. (They'll have to buy the hose extension, obviously.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I can't wait for 5 years from now when teachers across this great country get vacuum cleaners to kick off their teaching careers. (They'll have to buy the hose extension, obviously.)

I've reached the cynical level of "Well, the more who leave, the more that huge cash pension fund will grow for me whenever I decide to retire", while simultaneously raging about those leaving being 35 and under as opposed to the older group we all need to leave for a plethora of reasons.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I've reached the cynical level of "Well, the more who leave, the more that huge cash pension fund will grow for me whenever I decide to retire", while simultaneously raging about those leaving being 35 and under as opposed to the older group we all need to leave for a plethora of reasons.

Yeah the problem with that is people leaving are either old dudes who are entitled to their pension or youngins who haven't put in any money.

This is the part where Ponzi schemes have to start recruiting new members.

• Like 2

Upcoming January bills:

mortgage/escrow: $1200 (rent was $750)

electric: $250 (house is $160 more than the apartment was lol)

phone/internet: $180 

car problems (ball joints/tie rods/new tires): $700 

hospital bills from pneumonia: $17,000

3 weeks of no income  

woof. 

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

Upcoming January bills:

mortgage/escrow: $1200 (rent was $750)

electric: $250 (house is $160 more than the apartment was lol)

phone/internet: $180 

car problems (ball joints/tie rods/new tires): $700 

hospital bills from pneumonia: $17,000

3 weeks of no income  

woof. 

Call the hospital my guy. No way you'll end up needing to pay all that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Call the hospital my guy. No way you'll end up needing to pay all that.

I’m waiting to hear back about insurance and if that falls through I’m going to sign up for my work’s insurance for 2022 which will help with it. It was nice not getting sick or going to a hospital for 2 years but it’s time to get insurance again lol. 

40 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Really digging this show

Holy moly, this show is fantastic. 

@ramssuperbowl99 first told me about the Sackler family and their hand in the opiates epidemic - this show really took a deep dive into it, and I came away disgusted in those people.

I guess there are two sides to every story, but I can't see where someone can redeem those people. They are legitimately horrible human beings.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yeah the problem with that is people leaving are either old dudes who are entitled to their pension or youngins who haven't put in any money.

This is the part where Ponzi schemes have to start recruiting new members.

I just assume that the powers that be will continue to arbitrarily push the retirement date back, cut the % of what I'll get whenever I do retire, while pretending that there's not a bigger issue that's completely unsolvable.

Currently it's 60 years old, 35+ years teaching, and 77% of your top 3 year average retirement pension.

I'm betting by the time I get there, it'll be 68 years old, 40+ years teaching, and 65% of your top 3 year average retirement pension.

13 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

Each year I buy wireless headphones and spend 15 minutes trying to figure out how to sync them before giving up and eventually losing them/throwing them away over the course of the year 

I felt like such a d**kbag a couple years ago when I bought AirPods but they’ve ended up being one of my favorite purchases. Excellent battery life, no cords, super convenient. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I felt like such a d**kbag a couple years ago when I bought AirPods but they’ve ended up being one of my favorite purchases. Excellent battery life, no cords, super convenient. 

Yeah my wife gave me some as a gift, and I wasn’t sure they were worth the money at first. I use them every single day.

• Like 1