What are you thinking about?

pwny

52 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So sorry dude - stay safe, take your meds and vitamins. 

Honestly It feels like a mild version of the flu. I'd hate to think of how bad it it would be if I hadn't been vaccinated and been exercising regularly.

I'm more pissed that I have to quarantine for 10 days. I really needed this mental reset from work and everything.

• Like 2

I chatted with this girl on hinge for awhile tonight during the Bucs game. Super down to earth. Mostly about baseball.

I googled her and accidentally clicked on her LinkedIn.

Brady not the only one fumbling the ball tonight.

I want to crawl into a hole and die....

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 3:23 PM, Ty21 said:

Upcoming January bills:

mortgage/escrow: $1200 (rent was $750)

electric: $250 (house is $160 more than the apartment was lol)

phone/internet: $180 

car problems (ball joints/tie rods/new tires): $700 

hospital bills from pneumonia: $17,000

3 weeks of no income  

woof. 

I was riding the rollercoaster of this whole thing, a real nailbiter of personal finance monthly...will they make it???  Right up until the last item that completely actually obliterated the budget.  But also, $700 for new ball joints, tie rods...you got lucky.  That scares the cripes out of me, looking down the barrel of twice that for parts alone with control arm assemblies you pretty much have to replace as a unit.  Less going aftermarket, but that's always an adventure.  And something that'd be really pushing the bounds of what i'd actually feel comfortable doing myself in terms of labour too.

But still not quite as catastrophically backbreaking as a $17,000 bill for getting sick.

On 12/15/2021 at 11:50 AM, ET80 said:

I have a pair of Beats totally wireless - perhaps my most cherished item, couldn't function without them.

So these things are actually good?

Apparently i'm giving a couple sets of these as Christmas Gifts.  But idk what they even are really.  I'm still out here tangled in cords spending half my time trying not to get strangled by a wire that creeps around until it's across my neck at some point as i run.

But charging things is hard.  So...

Edited by Tugboat
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I was riding the rollercoaster of this whole thing, a real nailbiter of personal finance monthly...will they make it???  Right up until the last item that completely actually obliterated the budget.  But also, $700 for new ball joints, tie rods...you got lucky.  That scares the cripes out of me, looking down the barrel of twice that for parts alone with control arm assemblies you pretty much have to replace as a unit.  Less going aftermarket, but that's always an adventure.  And something that'd be really pushing the bounds of what i'd actually feel comfortable doing myself in terms of labour too.

But still not quite as catastrophically backbreaking as a $17,000 bill for getting sick.

The mechanic I go to graduated with my parents and he’s always given me ridiculously good prices for stuff as a family friend. Like when I got divorced, he put 3 newer used tires on the beater I was driving for free. 

11 hours ago, Ty21 said:

The mechanic I go to graduated with my parents and he’s always given me ridiculously good prices for stuff as a family friend. Like when I got divorced, he put 3 newer used tires on the beater I was driving for free. 

it's too bad you had to drive around with the one bare rim, but still, really generous.

unless he got you 4 tires but only 3 were free. last one was $800.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

No access to a gym during quarantine absolutely sucks.

I was pseudo quarantined for Christmas last year when my wife got COVID (I never got it, crazily enough). I know it is almost impossible to think about anything else and relax, especially if you aren't feeling well, but looking back I really regretted not taking advantage of that time as much as I should have. It's hard to do, but try to make the most of it. And drink a lot of water!

• Like 1

On 12/21/2021 at 2:46 AM, Dome said:

it's too bad you had to drive around with the one bare rim, but still, really generous.

unless he got you 4 tires but only 3 were free. last one was $800.

he patched together pieces of his old tires to make the 4th one. it was a screaming deal, i tell ya!

On 12/20/2021 at 12:37 AM, twslhs20 said:

I chatted with this girl on hinge for awhile tonight during the Bucs game. Super down to earth. Mostly about baseball.

I googled her and accidentally clicked on her LinkedIn.

Brady not the only one fumbling the ball tonight.

I want to crawl into a hole and die....

what are the chances she actually pays for premium linkedin though?