What are you thinking about?

pwny

6 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

We have house shoes (slippers), but sneakers or boots are a big no-no in my house. My wife has somewhat poor blood circulation so she will frequently wear socks or even her fluffy house shoes. Anyone that intentionally wears outside shoes inside never had a mama that smacked you upside your head for dirtying her floor.

2nd question - do people NOT wear socks/slippers at home? Do people have bare feet? Maybe because for 5 months a year it is below freezing outside where I live, but that seems silly to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

OK now real question - do you have have guest slippers? I don't. I stayed at a AirBnB/VRBO once and they had a basket of slippers and I loved it. House (+ guest) slippers should be a mandatory thing. I have MY slippers, but any schmuck that visits my place suffers in socks. 

Easy answer, I don't usually have guests so no. Legit I don't think I could put my feet in someone else's house shoes. I just am not that trustworthy.

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

2nd question - do people NOT wear socks/slippers at home? Do people have bare feet? Maybe because for 5 months a year it is below freezing outside where I live, but that seems silly to me.

I live in Washington state. I frequently don't have socks on while walking around, but most of the time I wear my house shoes. I had to get house shoes without insulation because my feet tend to sweat if they get too warm. This is what I have now. They are great. Recommend them for anyone who has hot feet.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Do people have bare feet?

One of my all time favorite quotes came from Jimmy Johnson after he had retired from NFL coaching...and the media guys tried to drag him back in.

He said:
" I only wore shoes twice last year, a wedding and a funeral - what can you offer that's better than that ?"

JimmyJohnson2.jpg

Edited by Shanedorf
  • Like 4

On 1/9/2022 at 10:34 AM, twslhs20 said:

My friend gave me access to his headspace account so I'm trying meditation each day.

It seems to help.

Being outside and working out/running has really helped me, along with cutting back on coffee (in addition to therapy)

On 1/13/2022 at 1:10 AM, Heimdallr said:

Bare feet constantly here.

On 1/13/2022 at 12:10 AM, Heimdallr said:

Barefoot most of the time, I have some slip ons if I need to go outside.

On 1/13/2022 at 11:44 PM, tab said:

Being outside and working out/running has really helped me, along with cutting back on coffee (in addition to therapy)

I go to the gym 3-4 times a week. Sometimes it helps for a minute, but it isn't sustainable.

Meditation works for a period of time. I should just look into therapy.

On 1/12/2022 at 10:10 PM, Heimdallr said:

I'm an adamant sock wearer. Hate being barefoot except for when I'm actually in bed and going to sleep. 

• Like 1

Nothing like having to miss a day of work because your alternator goes out. If it happened tomorrow, rather than today, I could've been to work by 9, 10 or 11, at the latest, and gotten a half day in but noooooooooooooo has to happen on a Monday when my stepdad drives to Chicago and doesn't get back until 10-11 am. 

And, of course, instead of taking 15 minutes or so, everything you can think of fights you and ends up taking almost 2 hours to do.

Dropped $100+ just to lose 10 hours of pay lmao. I hate cars.