What are you thinking about?

pwny

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You cant go 26 years w/o a meaningful playoff run a call anyone a bandwagoner. That is a hard *NO* from me. If they, or their parents, are still supporting us in 2022, then they are through and through fans. 

The kids of the bandwagoners are through-and-through (granted, in my assessment of a number of them - they're also effing delusional because some of these same folks - and I heard the words - were saying after Dak's rookie season that he was "better than Rodgers"), but my main point is that their reasoning for becoming fans in the first place (like, sadly, a lot of folks in LA - I'll own it on their behalf) is that they were glory-hunters.  It's why you see a ton of sudden Dodgers fans in Orange County despite them having a damn team there for years upon years.  And a ton of folks who never went to USC or have ever been to an SC game were gun ho Trojan fans (they liked the fact that the team won and they could lord it over their friends and relatives more than they liked the actual team).

I mean, for the simplest example, look at freaking Snoop - what team isn't he a "fan" of when the opportunity presents itself to get on camera at this point?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

So whats your stance on the Rams and them potentially being superbowl bound if they can beat your north cal bros?

I’m happy Stafford is doing well. But I hope it ends this Sunday 😁

Edited by Xenos

5 hours ago, K9 said:

I realize this is a non-football thread but I went to the Chargers forum to ask a question and literally NO ONE has posted anything in the past month, if not longer..!??? 

Just wondering how they feel with the Rams in the playoffs and potential SB? Same city, same stadium but different conference

(seriously, no recent posts in how long!?) LoL

There’s a Charger forum here? 😆

Street Road GIF by guardian

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

This feels like story time

Live in NE Ohio. Was a Browns fan growing up.  They left when I was in middle school. Me and my buddy decided we needed new teams. We didn't want to be looked at as front runners so we grabbed a newspaper and searched for the two worst teams in the standings. At the time it was the Jets and the Patriots.  We put the names in a hat.  God hated me that day and here I am a jets fan 20+ years later while my buddy has all the Pats rings to celebrate 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

The kids of the bandwagoners are through-and-through (granted, in my assessment of a number of them - they're also effing delusional because some of these same folks - and I heard the words - were saying after Dak's rookie season that he was "better than Rodgers"), but my main point is that their reasoning for becoming fans in the first place (like, sadly, a lot of folks in LA - I'll own it on their behalf) is that they were glory-hunters.  It's why you see a ton of sudden Dodgers fans in Orange County despite them having a damn team there for years upon years.  And a ton of folks who never went to USC or have ever been to an SC game were gun ho Trojan fans (they liked the fact that the team won and they could lord it over their friends and relatives more than they liked the actual team).

I mean, for the simplest example, look at freaking Snoop - what team isn't he a "fan" of when the opportunity presents itself to get on camera at this point?

I appreciate the insight! I wasn't aware of the North/South CA 'situation' but it makes a lot of sense.  Being from the Midwest, we have 1 NFL team in our state, although WAY TOO many people here cheer for the Pack (TBF, alot of them are from WI).

SKOL girl through and through, even when we we win one game next season.

I guess I'm like Snoop, minus the camera opportunities :) 

Growing up, I actually liked the Cowboys more (because the 'triplets' and I was a kid and what kid doesn't root for a winning team). I haven't stopped cheering for them, unless they play my Vikes. I like Tomlin and always liked Big Ben (Watt and Naj, also fun to watch) so when Steelers play - I quietly root for them but not too seriously.

This season I decided to root for an AFC team for funsies and Chargers it was. Kind of wish I hadn't since their games were just like the VIkings; what team was going to show up!? I seem to be a loyal fan (even after their season has ended) wanted to know if I'm rooting for or against the Rams, hahaha   So I'm not 'bad' Chargers fan if I like Stafford and would be okay if they win!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, K9 said:

SKOL girl through and through

When you mentioned make up the other day, I almost PM'd you to ask if you were female. But I decided that was inappropriate and none of my business. But now that youve said it - - Ive got to tell you. I feel like you and I have interacted quite a few times over the years and I had absolutely no clue. 

Not that it matters, AT ALL, but It always makes me happy when I run across ladies that are die hard. The biggest Cowboys fan I ever met was my great grandmother, so its always kind of been a thing that makes me smile. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

When you mentioned make up the other day, I almost PM'd you to ask if you were female. But I decided that was inappropriate and none of my business. But now that youve said it - - Ive got to tell you. I feel like you and I have interacted quite a few times over the years and I had absolutely no clue. 

Not that it matters, AT ALL, but It always makes me happy when I run across ladies that are die hard. The biggest Cowboys fan I ever met was my great grandmother, so its always kind of been a thing that makes me smile. 

HAHA! In fairness, I don't comment much. This is the thread I'm most active on so that'd make sense that you wouldn't know :)  I don't comment much on the game threads because.. that's why I joined the forum. I HEART football but I don't know all the rules. I like reading the comments so I can learn what others think of calls, time management, coaching decisions etc. (and hand out likes like Oprah) 

PS, I have so much Cowboys gear from when I was kid (school folders, water jugs and even a Cowboys birdfeeder)  LoL

• Like 1