What are you thinking about?

pwny

6 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

This might be the most random thought ever, but anytime I hear the song Modern Love by David Bowie, I think of Joe Burrow. 

Ive listened to only 80s music all my life. And I have never heard this song before.

Now Im no Bowie fan. But I still know the words to all his songs just because 80s is all I have playing. Probably 6 hours or so worth a day.

Any Wash/Ravens fans rockin 97.7 The Bay?.... Only station we get over this side the river. 😆

• Like 1

Took my wife to see an orchestra for our anniversary since she has played violin for 25ish years. Dude next to us was slathered in cologne. Like I was on the other side of my wife and I almost gagged when he sat down.

Think me a jerk or not, I told him he smelled like overperfumed **** and that much cologne is disgusting.

Not sure what would be worse, the two hours next to him or huffing gas for that long. 🤮

• Like 3

Currently thinking about why people would go to the gym to just like...walk on the treadmill.  Passed by a gym while i was walking to the store and back, and the same few (totally normal, mid-age type) people were still just strolling along on their treadmills with their earbuds in both ways.

Like...i get if you're going for a run, because it snowed a bit last night and the sidewalks and stuff are kind of sneaky slippery in places.  But to just...go for a walk?  People are so weird man.

On 11/16/2023 at 3:13 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

Told the owner. Her fenced horse pasture butts up to my grape field. Shes an old lady (Kids 3rd grandma) like, "What!? Thats your first one?" Tellin me how shes taken a couple direct hits. Laughin. I said, "So I gotta be on the lookout dodging these clouds now?"

Taught me some about horse digestive while at it. Interesting. Not being able to belch to relieve pressure and such. How you spell it? Colic? Sounds like absolute misery for a horse.

Now that gives the movie Nope more context

10 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Currently thinking about why people would go to the gym to just like...walk on the treadmill.  Passed by a gym while i was walking to the store and back, and the same few (totally normal, mid-age type) people were still just strolling along on their treadmills with their earbuds in both ways.

Like...i get if you're going for a run, because it snowed a bit last night and the sidewalks and stuff are kind of sneaky slippery in places.  But to just...go for a walk?  People are so weird man.

I'm doing this as I rehab from a back surgery. Walking on the treadmill means if I have any pain I can stop at any time without being away from home, and I can track my exact progress each session for my physical therapists.

And yes, I have noticed people staring. And yes, it does bother me. Mind your business.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I'm about to start going to the gym to do just this. Why? Because I don't have to worry about being molested by goddamn mosquitos as soon as I step outside. 

It's also often 100º+ during the summer down here, and my anxiety/depression meds cause me to be fairly intolerant to the heat...so walking in a climate-controlled gym where I don't have to worry about any of that? Sign me up.

Plus, y'know...there's the eye candy.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm doing this as I rehab from a back surgery. Walking on the treadmill means if I have any pain I can stop at any time without being away from home, and I can track my exact progress each session for my physical therapists.

And yes, I have noticed people staring. And yes, it does bother me. Mind your business.

I’ve worried the same about running if something happens and I am away from home.  Usually during the winter and at night I’ll stick close to home just in case.  I can definitely see the reasons you are suggesting.   

Also, not sure what climate the OP lives in, but in some places, you still have to bundle up for a walk and people may just want to walk inside and it’s worth the gym membership to them?  I know for me to walk along the bay in Maryland and it’s around 25, I’m wearing fleece-lined pants, two layers and a heavy jacket.  At least they are getting their exercise in.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

5 hours ago, D82 said:

I'm about to start going to the gym to do just this. Why? Because I don't have to worry about being molested by goddamn mosquitos as soon as I step outside. 

It's also often 100º+ during the summer down here, and my anxiety/depression meds cause me to be fairly intolerant to the heat...so walking in a climate-controlled gym where I don't have to worry about any of that? Sign me up.

Plus, y'know...there's the eye candy.

These are both totally fair reasons.  I can definitely see the advantage to the controlled environment in a lot of instances.  Especially if there are extenuating medical circumstances like that.  Not sure that really applied to the specific situation that got me thinking about it, but who knows.  Maybe they all had other stuff going on.  I can definitely understand those kind of reasons.

Mostly just the irony of walking by people walking nowhere, on the way to and from walking to a place, got me thinking about it.

Anyway.  ******* mosquitos.  At least that's one positive to a place that gets real cold.  Only have to deal with a few months of mosquitos a year.

On 11/23/2023 at 12:15 AM, Tugboat said:

This way, you can work out and watch the game. Thats why i have a treddy in the basement

• Like 3

safety concerns is a valid reason for lots of people to use the gym, especially women.

my ex wife got bothered and bugged all the time while jogging and ended up getting a gym membership because they have staff to deal with bothersome people, and we lived in a nice busy suburb… I could only imagine it gets worse from there 

• Like 2