What are you thinking about?

pwny

5 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Oh, wow.  The joke you were replying to went completely over my head.

Yea, like I said not a lot of people born after the 80s are going to get that one. I was born mid 90s and only know about that part of history because I listened to a lot of talk radio as a kid and the hosts born in the 60s, 70s, and(sparingly) the 80s would all tell stories about their misadventures trying to acquire adult magazines in their adolescent years. A lot of them talked about putting magazines in plastic bags and burying them in the woods or having secret stashes in tree forts they built... pretty elaborate almost serial killer level stuff 😂. Stuff people under 40 can't really comprehend doing/going through. 

Only posed the original question because I recently looked at a particularly horrible GQ magazine and wondered if anyone actually subscribed to and enjoyed any current publications. Forgetting how specific you have to be with certain audiences and the topic of magazines. 

Anybody ever make the mistake of buying Timberland boots?

Early 2024 will bring the one year anniversary of owning these boots i think.  And i can now confidently say, they are the worst boots ever.  Like not even close.

What the **** is wrong with them???  They don't even function like normal boots.

I should have stood by my convictions and been like, "nope, i don't want to even be associated with that".  But i just wanted a plain, solid full height black boot.  And it feels like nobody else even makes those anymore.

Just like gimme a plain 6" black boot that doesn't have weird stuff on it and is actually constructed like a normal boot.  I'm begging the industry please.

5 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Red Wing Shoes.

Do they have anything that's actually just plain, black and not steel toed?  I'm not seeing anything, and i've found when i hit up their stores they just have other expensive boots that aren't what i'm really looking for.  I want something that's casual and plain, ideally.  They don't seem to have that and none of their stores i've been to have it either.  Which is why i bought the stupid boots.  I tried this in the first place.

It's just a weirdly impossible thing to find.

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah, was going to say Red Wing Shoes.  

Timberlands are completely non-functional as a pair of actual boots.  It looks the part, but thats it.  

I'm just so upset i didn't trust my instincts to stay away from Timbs.  They're so ******* bad as like...boots.

It's just so annoying after idk how many pair of actual functional boots.  I've got a pair of steeltoes in closet i need from time to time and it's probably at least my fifth pair in my life.  I don't want to clonk around in steeltoes when i don't have to.  I've got a couple other boots that fit just fine and work great for what i want in shades of brown.  They're so much more comfortable.  wtf even is wrong with Timberland boots?

Just trying to find a pair of nice plain black ones like the set where i wore the ****in' soles off.  Not well built but i don't really care for the purpose i'm not wearing CSA boots for a reason at that point?  They were perfect, except for the fact i can't get more of them.  Wahhhhh.

Edited by Tugboat

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Do they have anything that's actually just plain, black and not steel toed?  I'm not seeing anything, and i've found when i hit up their stores they just have other expensive boots that aren't what i'm really looking for.  I want something that's casual and plain, ideally.  They don't seem to have that and none of their stores i've been to have it either.  Which is why i bought the stupid boots.  I tried this in the first place.

https://www.redwingshoes.com/work/mens/soft-toe/

The Supersole 2.0 sounds excactly like what you are looking. Black, 6", soft toe.

Red Wing are pretty much the best boots you can buy. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

https://www.redwingshoes.com/work/mens/soft-toe/

The Supersole 2.0 sounds excactly like what you are looking. Black, 6", soft toe.

Red Wing are pretty much the best boots you can buy. 

lmao.  Not sure if trolling.

That is very much not what i'm looking for.  If i wanted a set of cowboy boots, i'd know where to get 'em.

Edit.  oh nevermind.  The 2.0 is totally different.  But not black.  I've already got plenty of brown boots i like.  If they had that in black, i'd probably own it already instead of the dumb Timberlands.  lol.  Though i'd prefer a 6" still, for the purpose too.

Edit 2.  I see the 2.0 which is also a 6" and black now too.  Idk what was wrong with those when i was looking.  Maybe i'll have to drop by again and see.  But i actually don't know why i don't already have a pair of those.  Only thing i can think of is, they didn't have them at the store i went to.  Or they're really ****in' shiny in real life or something?

Edited by Tugboat

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Random question but does anybody know of a place online or company that can do custom artwork? Painting on canvas specifically?

The only thing I can think of is hiring somebody off Fiverr but didn't know if anybody knew of a better option

Go to an artsy area of town or near the local Arts college and throw a rock.

That person will do it.

Actually, i do vaguely know somebody who specifically does exactly this sort of work.  My sister got my mom a painting from them a couple years back.  But you'd probably prefer someone a lot more local, and i'm sure there's someone.  Lots of people probably.  I'm not totally sure how my sister found that specific person.  Probably Etsy?

My fiance has the flu right now, and I didn’t catch it.  During our relationship, she’s had covid twice and another really bad cold and I didn’t catch either of those.  

Totally not sure how I keep dodging these, but I figure the next time I get sick, it’s going to be an absolute killer of an illness to make up for it. 

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

My fiance has the flu right now, and I didn’t catch it.  During our relationship, she’s had covid twice and another really bad cold and I didn’t catch either of those.  

Totally not sure how I keep dodging these, but I figure the next time I get sick, it’s going to be an absolute killer of an illness to make up for it. 

Best of luck.  For some reason when I get the 24 hr flu it hits me like a Mack truck compared to other people. Essentially rotating between bed and bathroom every 30 mins for an entire day.

In 2021 the flu was going around heavily with everyone I knew. When I got it it was a absolute nightmare and got to the point where I couldn't even keep a sip of water down without running to the bathroom and I did it so many times (like 20+ trips) that when I layed back in bed I'm pretty sure I was cold sweating and dreaming with my eyes open haha

Absolute misery

Edited by AkronsWitness