2021 NFL Draft

RamRod

Just wanted to get up a thread to discuss the upcoming draft. Just anything from from Rams meeting with players to just discussing prospects you like or might be a good fit. 

But don't let this thread stop you guys from doing your mock draft/offseasons. Just some miscellaneous draft talk.

Pre Draft Meetings
Quinn Meinerz, OL, Wisconsin-Whitewater
D'Wayne Eskridge, WR, Western Michigan
Thomas Graham Jr., CB, Oregon
Ihmir Smith-Marsette, WR, Iowa
Demetric Felton, WR, UCLA
Tay Gowan, DB, UCF
Darren Hall, DB, San Diego St.
Asante Samuel Jr., CB, Florida St.
Chauncey Golston, DL, Iowa
Tutu Atwell, WR, Louisville
Dez Fitzpatrick, WR, Louisville
Dan Moore, OL, Texas A&M
Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn
Sage Surratt, WR, Wake Forest
Amen Ogbongbemiga, LB, Oklahoma St.
Darius Stills, DT, West Virginia
Charles Snowden, LB, Virginia
Grant Stuard, LB, Houston

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Car_Ramrod said:

Wait, there’s no combine this year?Thats upsetting 

They're literally doing everything they can, at this point, to avoid doing a combine.  And considering that the NCAA has moved the deadline to opt back in for senior or redshirt junior seasons to early March due to COVID concerns, I kind of don't blame them.

Going to be a lot of guys running 4.2's and even 4.1's at their pro days or private workout this year, I figure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btfd16 said:

Would enjoy if we had the luxury, but just feel too many needs for where Eskridge will be picked. Obviously a lot of time between now and then.

Kinda agree but I'd okay with using one of our third round picks to get someone like him.

10 hours ago, btfd16 said:

Would enjoy if we had the luxury, but just feel too many needs for where Eskridge will be picked. Obviously a lot of time between now and then.

We have ourselves a long off-season ahead. We'll see where we are on draft day. I think Eskridge is going to be a star. I won't be complaining if he's the pick.

Happy to see us kicking the tires on Graham.  The kid was a beast coming out of high school, locally (Rancho Cucamonga) and kind of faded into obscurity (or at least failed to shine like folks expected him to) at Oregon.  The thing is, Oregon has typically been a strong DB producer because they hammer the fundamentals and technique into guys, so they're guys end up being very adaptable as pro's.  He's not a flashy, snags a ton of INT's kind of guy (he'll abused crappy QB's, but he's not one to risk his good positioning on a gamble against cerebral QB's - he's kind of akin to a python of a DB, just kind of squeezes the life out of you inch by inch.  But he's just plain technically sound and efficient in terms of being rarely caught out of position or on his heels.  He was the FBS leader in pass-breakups and passes defended going into his senior season.  Definitely more of a zone-coverage fit than a man-coverage one, but if we continue to lean heavily on Cover-1 and Cover-3 looks, his fit is plain as day.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2021 at 9:14 AM, RamRod said:

With our new OL coach coming from Stanford wonder if we'll take extra consideration into drafting Walker Little.

Especially considering we’d be an ideal spot for him. With him coming off injury, he’d be basically red shirting a year (barring injuries to any starter) and essentially taking over the starting LT spot the next year. He’s a guy with first round talent that will likely be had in the third round. 
With that said, I think if we DONT pick him if he was available in round 3 (or even 4), then it would be pretty telling since our new OL coach obviously has an inside track on Little’s injury status and talent level 

9 hours ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Especially considering we’d be an ideal spot for him. With him coming off injury, he’d be basically red shirting a year (barring injuries to any starter) and essentially taking over the starting LT spot the next year. He’s a guy with first round talent that will likely be had in the third round. 
With that said, I think if we DONT pick him if he was available in round 3 (or even 4), then it would be pretty telling since our new OL coach obviously has an inside track on Little’s injury status and talent level 

Little’s injury was like 18 months ago, if he still needs a “red shirt” year because of it, he will be going much later than the 3rd. He opted out of this past season. 

Ive also seen him projected at the end of the first round in some recent mocks. So I wouldn’t be shocked to see him long gone before we ever get to pick. 

• Like 1