Raiders release G Gabe Jackson

RaidersAreOne

27 minutes ago, Jerry said:

He played for Gruden for a single season and just because they were teammates 2 years ago doesn't mean he knows everything Gabe is thinking.  Gabe might come out thanking the Raider organization, his teammates, and the fans, and are you going to sit there and say it's just bs because of what Feliciano wrote on twitter?  I'll wait to see what Gabe says before I ever care to take into consideration what a backup guard from two years ago thinks.  

I don't even know why this is a topic worth arguing for you.  At the end of the day, I still think Feliciano can suck a cat turd for all I care.  He's just sitting there being spiteful and petty towards his old team that actually drafted him, which is pathetic IMO.  

Child please. Big might there. If Gabe says it I will believe it, but he hasn’t as yet. You chose to not believe a teammate of his, for the reason of how would he know when he hadn’t been on the Raiders for 4/5 years and hadn’t played under Gruden/Mayock both of which is incorrect. 

8 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Child please. Big might there. If Gabe says it I will believe it, but he hasn’t as yet. You chose to not believe a teammate of his, for the reason of how would he know when he hadn’t been on the Raiders for 4/5 years and hadn’t played under Gruden/Mayock both of which is incorrect. 

Bro I'm 33.  I still don't care that my original assertation was inaccurate.  I couldn't care less what Feliciano thinks.  Still don't.  Don't care about Jackson at this point either.  Don't care about this entire situation enough to continue arguing with you.  Glad you caught me being incorrect, I hope you can sleep well at night because of it.  I'd give you a gold star if I could.  You really showed me today.

Just now, Jerry said:

Bro I'm 33.  I still don't care that my original assertation was inaccurate.  I couldn't care less what Feliciano thinks.  Still don't.  Don't care about Jackson at this point either.  Don't care about this entire situation enough to continue arguing with you.  Glad you caught me being incorrect, I hope you can sleep well at night because of it.  I'd give you a gold star if I could.  You really showed me today.

You cared enough to comment. Have a good one. 

16 hours ago, Dessie said:

C’mon he was advocating Good to get paid how does that correlate to being happy to be a Raider ??

As we all know it’s a business, Gabe is a vet who has seen what happens, promises are made and reneged upon, players need to look after themselves. 

Is it really far fetched to think Gabe might be happy to leave? 1 playoff appearance in 18 years, 1 winning season in the same time etc, the missed draft picks, FA pickups? I don’t. 

It’s not far fetched to think Jackson could be happy to leave.  You took what I said and pushed it to the extreme.  I literally Started the post with “Maybe.... who knows.  But I believe ....” then gave a THEORY!

Heck, Given it’s a done deal that he’s cut im Sure he’s feeling optimistic about being a FA And controlling his fate somewhat. That’s human nature and being a positive person.  I highly doubt he’s in bed in some manic depression for days.

Maybe he’s happy he’s gone now that it happened but there’s never been any even little rumor Gabe was unhappy.  

i gave one anecdotal example to back up my view point..:. Of course Gabe wanted a fellow team mate and friend to get paid but it also seemed like he also wanted he team to keep Good around.  If he was miserable here he’d likely have said nothing publicly and behind the scenes said “hit FA and take off”.

If you disagree then cool.... but it’s such an insignificant thing I wouldn’t even care to debate it. 

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

He’s regressed over the past two years. Many times he gives up a sack fast and easily. And he’s never been a good run blocker. Was a great pass protector from 2014-2017. 

This is a win. Our line was average last year because of Gabe’s regression, Richie’s injury, and Trent never wanting to play. 

He’d have some nice blocking highlights here and there and people assumed cuz of his size he was a Road grader but he really wasn’t.  

I’ve wondered if it wound have been better for him to stay at LG when we signed Osmele and play him at RG or RT because Jackson never improved after that really... made he had a god year 1 at rg but that’s it.

look at Larry warford. He retired last season When cut by NO but his last year was prettt bad.  I could see Jackson start to fall off pretty good.  His body isn’t gonna hold up enough to be solid Into His 30s. And he’s already 29.

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Hmmm guess 2018 and 2019 are the years I remember defenders blowing past him with ease. I remember it was the year before the injury and the year of the injury. 

Still doesn’t change the fact he’s way overpaid and has never been a good run blocker in his entire career. 

Your right in 2018 And 2019 He was getting beat on some very quick sacks.  He gave up 5 and 6 sacks those years.  Chris Jones blew him up for a quick Sack a few times.

Getting another bonus will probably make him happy too. 

I liked Gabe and wanted to keep him but as long as Good is under 6 mil it's a good decision. I'm probably not keeping Richie at 6 either because of age and injury. Maybe a 2 year 6 total but I'm definitely looking at multiple Olinemen  in this draft and am willing to go Tackle at 17 to get rid of Brown.

8 hours ago, Dessie said:

Stats.com is a joke.  I’m not attacking you, I’m just saying it’s not credible.  I’ve followed that site for years and they Notoriously under state sacks allowed.

pff is hit or miss on sacks.  They’re pressures and hurries stats are good but they tend to under report sack stats.  

Sis data hub tends to have the most accurate stats from my experience.  I’ve tested this out by looking at players stats for a number of games and going back And watching the game to do my own count.

On 3/3/2021 at 12:03 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Interesting. I really assumed Richie would be done? Sounds like he will be back.

Roll with Richie and Good. Have faith that Cable can coach up Simpson as a good backup, Andre James is a decent backup, and bring in another decent veteran backup OG. 

On 3/3/2021 at 4:01 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Gabe is a good dude but the run blocking just wan't it this year. To be honest, it was god awful. Jacobs didn't have room to run and our run game struggles hurt us in the RZ. Unsure if that's on him, but we need that $$$ badly.

Our run blocking was horrible this season once Richie and Trent went down. Good is better than Jackson at this point especially at the price. 

Looking more and more like Trent will stay, unless they want to rebuild the entire right side of the line.

This is the start of some attrition that will have some adverse effect on offense. There isn't an OG on the roster currently that is as good as Gabe. 

Going to be an interesting offseason.