Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

43 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I think the link is broken. After reading the study in full I wouldn't consider that a firm answer on the subject either way.

Edited by Bullet Club

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I think the link is broken. I wouldn't consider that a firm answer on the subject either way.

The CDC? Sure we can always wait until we get a more firm answer and as more data is collected. But this is the first that I’ve seen anything relating to reinfection.

Here’s another link btw.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcwashington.com/news/coronavirus/unvaccinated-covid-19-survivors-twice-as-likely-to-get-reinfected-study-shows/2764326/%3famp

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xenos said:

The CDC? Sure we can always wait until we get a more firm answer and as more data is collected. But this is the first that I’ve seen anything relating to reinfection.

Here’s another link btw.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcwashington.com/news/coronavirus/unvaccinated-covid-19-survivors-twice-as-likely-to-get-reinfected-study-shows/2764326/%3famp

Without touching on the CDC element, the study acknowledges several potential issues/limitations with the data. It's good to know, and certainly useful in gaining a more broad understanding on the subject as a whole. I would not go as far as to say this study proves that vaccination is 2.34 more effective than natural immunity. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Xenos said:

It’s aimed at 12-17 year olds, who by definition watch extremely cringey things for whatever reason. 

And other people, not vaccinated, will see it and probably will be turned even more off then they already are. I've seen it on Twitter a few times and the response is what you'd expect. I'd put a lot of money of it doing more damage than good. 

42 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Without touching on the CDC element, the study acknowledges several potential issues/limitations with the data. It's good to know, and certainly useful in gaining a more broad understanding on the subject as a whole. I would not go as far as to say this study proves that vaccination is 2.34 more effective than natural immunity. 

Sure there are caveats. Just like The Cleveland Study study that came out a couple of months ago stating that there was no difference in protection between those infected with Covid and those who had a vaccine. But it seems that both concluded that it was still better to get vaccinated at the end anyways.

On a side note, I now understand why the NFL considers someone who has Covid previously and getting only one shot, as full vaccinated.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I still can't get over forcing little kids to wear masks

It's hard....I flew with my niece who is 2 years old....let me tell you it is a absolute nightmare to get a 2 year old to keep a mask on their face for the entire duray of a 3 hour plane ride especially when they have no idea what is going on.

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

It's hard....I flew with my niece who is 2 years old....let me tell you it is a absolute nightmare to get a 2 year old to keep a mask on their face for the entire duray of a 3 hour plane ride especially when they have no idea what is going on.

I don't think I would have tried

3 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Just because you personally disagree with something doesn't make it unreasonable. I was reluctant to get vaccinated because I had concerns about potential side effects. I decided that it was worth it regardless. I wouldn't blame nor judge someone for opting to wait.

Stupidly? It isn't about the number of deaths here... that clearly wasn't my point. If my wife had died after getting the vaccine, I would have wished she'd never have gotten it. That also is not unreasonable.

With regards to your last point, if it was my wife that died from the vaccine I would also be irrationally sad and upset. It doesn’t change the fact that it was the right decision at the time. I can also assure you that there are far more families upset that they lost love ones because of Covid and being unvaccinated.

In terms of waiting, I can understand it to a point. But once it gets full FDA approval, there’s really no other reason. It’s been long enough to know that the vaccine is safe and effective. The longer people wait, the more this drags on with more suffering and deaths to follow. If mandates are the only way to get over this then so be it.

50 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I don’t agree with anyone under 5 being required to wear a mask. It’s just too hard as you say. And possibly dangerous. My child only keeps it on because everyone else in his daycare does it also. But outside of that, it would be too difficult. I wish the airlines changed their stance on this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

In terms of waiting, I can understand it to a point. But once it gets full FDA approval, there’s really no other reason. It’s been long enough to know that the vaccine is safe and effective. The longer people wait, the more this drags on with more suffering and deaths to follow. If mandates are the only way to get over this then so be it.

I think that's the concern for some: if it has been long enough, fully approve it. Not everyone (including myself) understands the FDA approval process; they just know that it isn't fully approved yet. If the FDA is 100% convinced that it's deserving of full approval, they should have it approved. I think many will have fewer questions when that happens.

4 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

And other people, not vaccinated, will see it and probably will be turned even more off then they already are. I've seen it on Twitter a few times and the response is what you'd expect. I'd put a lot of money of it doing more damage than good. 

I mean it can’t be worse than people believing not to get vaccinated because of I Am Legend!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I think that's the concern for some: if it has been long enough, fully approve it. Not everyone (including myself) understands the FDA approval process; they just know that it isn't fully approved yet. If the FDA is 100% convinced that it's deserving of full approval, they should have it approved. I think many will have fewer questions when that happens.

Okay so Labor Day then?