Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

how much fun would it be, if you were a full on troll type personality,  to be a qanon conspiracy theorist starter?  

just putting random whacked-up **** out for the certain parts of the population to consume in excess?   all while sitting back and just laughing your *** off at how it spreads.

Like tell me this is not some college fraternity that is just sitting around putting this stuff out there and laughing historically

The sad part is how this is shaping and forming the views of so many, that very well may never be changeable

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

can't bring some back from the mothership

Can’t think of a more prudent use of the mute feature tbh. Probably what should have been done from the beginning.

But better late than never.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

how much fun would it be, if you were a full on troll type personality,  to be a qanon conspiracy theorist starter?  

just putting random whacked-up **** out for the certain parts of the population to consume in excess?   all while sitting back and just laughing your *** off at how it spreads.

Like tell me this is not some college fraternity that is just sitting around putting this stuff out there and laughing historically

The sad part is how this is shaping and forming the views of so many, that very well may never be changeable

I was reading some stuff about the 60's and 70's the other day and somehow ended up on a page where it was some guy deciphering codes from "Q". **** was wild. It'd be so fun to throw **** on the wall like that and see what sticks.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I mean go look at the pictures and videos. There are huge crowds indoors. That's a fact. I haven't seen evidence of anyone being checked if they are vaccinated but admittedly I don't know and won't push that point any further. I admitted that the cause of the spike is not currently known. I'm not blaming or absolving them or taking a side. I'm simply pointing out that there are numerous instances of people like this ignoring their own rules.

We expect Ted Cruz to not follow guidelines because of his stance. We don't expect it from Newsom, Pelosi, Fauci, Obama, the Texas politicians who fled the state, etc. Which as you alluded to before probably means one of two things: they are morons or they are posturing. Again, I'm not concluding that I know which it is.

I’ll agree they’re given a pass that someone on the “other team” would not be given by some, but these aren’t “their rules”.  The cdc isn’t a left wing organization.  The cdc had these mandates/guidelines/whatever under 2 different administrations, one from each side.

I also don’t think vaccinated/tested (that was the request/requirement anyway) people on open air outdoor tents is in any way comparable to herding unvaccinated children into indoor classrooms either.

Anyone who’s mad about Obama’s party had better be effing furious over that, or were back to bad faith arguments.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

I was reading some stuff about the 60's and 70's the other day and somehow ended up on a page where it was some guy deciphering codes from "Q". **** was wild. It'd be so fun to throw **** on the wall like that and see what sticks.

that is just it, I think you could at this point, get anything to stick.

a number here, a Kevin Bacon level of dots connecting a date there.  Some random word or phrase that sparks some fear or paranoia and let it go.  Feels like the connecting the dots by the followers is just wild **** that would be the hilarious parts of it.   seeing how far people will stretch their mind on some random stuff to connect dots to what they want it to be

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ll agree they’re given a pass that someone on the “other team” would not be given by some, but these aren’t “their rules”.  The cdc isn’t a left wing organization.  The cdc had these mandates/guidelines/whatever under 2 different administrations, one from each side.

I also don’t think vaccinated/tested (that was the request/requirement anyway) people on open air outdoor tents is in any way comparable to herding unvaccinated children into indoor classrooms either.

Anyone who’s mad about Obama’s party had better be effing furious over that, or were back to bad faith arguments.

You are correct. Admittedly, that was poor wording on my part. "Their rules" should read something more like "rules they push others to follow".

I'm not comparing the party to classrooms and I'm not mad about either. More curious than anything.

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

that is just it, I think you could at this point, get anything to stick.

a number here, a Kevin Bacon level of dots connecting a date there.  Some random word or phrase that sparks some fear or paranoia and let it go.  Feels like the connecting the dots by the followers is just wild **** that would be the hilarious parts of it.   seeing how far people will stretch their mind on some random stuff to connect dots to what they want it to be

I mean have you heard about the Parkland parent who is a Parkland denier? Tim Dillon had some comedy gold about that.

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

You are correct. Admittedly, that was poor wording on my part. "Their rules" should read something more like "rules they push others to follow".

I'm not comparing the party to classrooms and I'm not mad about either. More curious than anything.

It depends on the context of the “rule breaking” as well. I remember people posting pictures of Fauci unmasked at a baseball game last year sandwiched between two strangers. Turned out he was taking his mask down to drink water and the two strangers were his brother and wife.

Welp, New York and Los Angeles are requiring proof of vaccination to enter theaters, restaurants, and other  indoor places:

Not gonna lie, reading the salt in the comments section from anti-vaxxers/Covid-deniers has been delicious. "My body, my choice" except you're willfully using your body to infect or even kill others and THEIR kids, I don't know why this point is still lost on them after all this time. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Welp, New York and Los Angeles are requiring proof of vaccination to enter theaters, restaurants, and other  indoor places:

Not gonna lie, reading the salt in the comments section from anti-vaxxers/Covid-deniers has been delicious. "My body, my choice" except you're willfully using your body to infect or even kill others and THEIR kids, I don't know why this point is still lost on them after all this time. 🤦‍♂️

I've been fully vaccinated since April and I think this is ridiculous. It's just a personal opinion. Fully vaccinated people are using their body to infect and kill others as well. Granted, it's a lower rate vs unvaccinated but it's still happening. 

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

Because they’re not smart and/or easily duped tbh.

42 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I've been fully vaccinated since April and I think this is ridiculous. It's just a personal opinion.

When your decision can harm someone else, it’s not really “personal” is it? “I don’t see why I can’t get plastered and drive around town!?!?  It’s my body, my choice!  It’s a personal decision dammit!!!!”

42 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Fully vaccinated people are using their body to infect and kill others as well. Granted, it's a lower rate vs unvaccinated but it's still happening. 

Well if everyone is vaccinated, not really.

The odds of a vaccinated person getting ill and transmitting the virus to another vaccinated person who then becomes so ill they die is astronomical. Which is kind of the point of the requirements.

For a year and change we’ve heard some folks saying “it’s just a cold/the flu”.  Well, once you’re vaccinated that’s more or less correct. Until then, I guess we’ll just keep packing ICU’s with patients on vents while the dim ones refuse to come around.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

When your decision can harm someone else, it’s not really “personal” is it? “I don’t see why I can’t get plastered and drive around town!?!?  It’s my body, my choice!  It’s a personal decision dammit!!!!”

Well if everyone is vaccinated, not really.

The odds of a vaccinated person getting ill and transmitting the virus to another vaccinated person who then becomes so ill they die is astronomical. Which is kind of the point of the requirements.

For a year and change we’ve heard some folks saying “it’s just a cold/the flu”.  Well, once you’re vaccinated that’s more or less correct. Until then, I guess we’ll just keep packing ICU’s with patients on vents while the dim ones refuse to come around.

You seemed to have misinterpreted what "personal" meant in this context. My personal opinion is just that and you won't change what my opinion is especially the way you stand on your soap box.