Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

47 minutes ago, h13r024 said:

Of course a persons personal health may be a factor, but more so than that it's about staying in line with their political teams agenda. 

Not possible. We all died when we injected bleach into our arms.

Cant possibly be because a healthy person has almost no chance of dying from Covid. And this is legit depressing. After two years, people who are terrified of Covid and know it’s not going away anytime soon still won’t even try to lose weight.

27 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

"You can lead a horse to the water, but you can't make it drink"

But in this case, you can force people to get vaccinated.

There's an ivermectin joke to be made in response to this but I'm not clever enough to come up with it. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Cant possibly be because a healthy person has almost no chance of dying from Covid. And this is legit depressing. After two years, people who are terrified of Covid and know it’s not going away anytime soon still won’t even try to lose weight.

Be careful, depression is more deadly than Covid. Might wanna try avoiding anti-depressants and just think happy thoughts.     

• Like 1

2 hours ago, h13r024 said:

Couldn't agree more!

IMO this hesitation is more about being loyal to their brand of politics, outside of that, there aren't very many viable reasons to go unvaxxed. Of course a persons personal health may be a factor, but more so than that it's about staying in line with their political teams agenda. What's even more strange is while most unvaxxed conservatives took the touch for their politic deities cause, those same politicians began getting the jab behind the scenes very quietly. Wild sorts of hypocrisy. 

bingo.

For the last 2-4 years people have let their political allegiances guide their decision making. There has never been more of a divide between red/blue, donkey/elephant in my time of being alive which also means there has never been more a gap between ideas/policies. 

Instead of disagreement, genuine hatred is being bred based on your political allegiance.

200.gif

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, pwny said:

He's clearly a guy who is taking the situation seriously, outside of the vaccine.

I think this is key. I have family members with AI issues that take this very, very seriously and do 10x "other" stuff to mitigate risk (to themselves on others) but stop short of taking the vaccine themselves. I'm ok with this approach; it's medically valid and they are not thoughtless/careless people.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Cant possibly be because a healthy person has almost no chance of dying from Covid.

This is the opposite of "thoughtful" and deserves all the shaming that comes along with it. It's selfish. If there's not a medically justifiable reason NOT to get the vaccine, it's purely selfish not to. Plus, you'd think those who are medically susceptible to a vaccine would be taking 10x other precautions in their daily lives regardless (since Covid itself is FAR more dangerous to those folks than the vaccine is).

Being young and healthy is a stupid and selfish reason not to get vaccinated and those who have only that reason to fall back on deserved to be shamed if they continue to resist being educated.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

what is the obsession with people losing weight with you weirdos? this isn't even relevant to me, i'm skinny as a rail, but it's such an insane take. do you just think fat people deserve to die for the crime of being fat or what?

38 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This is the opposite of "thoughtful" and deserves all the shaming that comes along with it. It's selfish. If there's not a medically justifiable reason NOT to get the vaccine, it's purely selfish not to. Plus, you'd think those who are medically susceptible to a vaccine would be taking 10x other precautions in their daily lives regardless (since Covid itself is FAR more dangerous to those folks than the vaccine is).

Being young and healthy is a stupid and selfish reason not to get vaccinated and those who have only that reason to fall back on deserved to be shamed if they continue to resist being educated.

It just doesn't make any sense.

Okay let's say I'm young and healthy (which I am - I'm 29 and pretty healthy). Let's say I don't think COVID is serious, even if I get it. That means I'm going to be going out and about living my life as usual, seeing other people. Now let's say I see other people, and beacuse I'm a ******* idiot, I don't wear a mask, I'm not vaccinated, and I don't socially distance myself. I get COVID from someone else, but the symptoms don't show up for a week or so. In that time, I go and visit my parents, because again I don't give a flying **** about anyone but myself! I don't wear a mask, I don't get tested, I hug them and spent time with them, then go back about my day.

The next week, symptoms start up. Oh no, it's just the flu! I'm super healthy, though so maybe I just have a minor case of the flu and I'm fine.

UH OH, everyone I came into contact with over the past week now has covid. UH OH, my parents now have COVID.

You can see where this is going.....

EDIT: I actually literally had this scenario kind of play out this past week. I am fully vaccinated, btw. I went to a wedding on Saturday, where several people I interacted with were not vaccinated. Any one of them could have had COVID, even the vaccinated people could have. Then, the day after that I went and saw my sister and her husband, who are also fully vaccinated. I could've passed it to them, and my sister has no healthy kidney's and is on dialysis 3x/week. She gets COVID, it's over for her. Then after that I went and saw my mom and was around her for a week - I don't know if she's vaccinated but she's HEAVILY against vaccine mandates despite being a very high-up person in the WA State Health system (like, oversees all the mental health facilities in the state). The entire week I'm thinking "If I have COVID from that wedding, I've just given it to my entire family and they've likely passed it on as well". and that's a pretty ****ty feeling to have. 

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

33 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Who are all these people that can’t get the vaccine? And how would I ever end up being close enough to them to give them Covid? Are you seriously thinking this through?

2 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Who are all these people that can’t get the vaccine? And how would I ever end up being close enough to them to give them Covid? Are you seriously thinking this through?

You’ve never been near a kid? No chance you’ve ever been near a cancer patient? 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Who are all these people that can’t get the vaccine?

https://yalehealth.yale.edu/yale-covid-19-vaccine-program/information-special-populations-and-covid-19-vaccine

And how would I ever end up being close enough to them to give them Covid?

This is a silly question to ask a stranger on the internet who knows nothing about you. However, unless you're literally a hermit and/or interact (come within 6 ft) with ONLY people whose medical histories you know, this is an even dumber question.

Are you seriously thinking this through?

Yes.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

Just now, pwny said:

You’ve never been near a kid? No chance you’ve ever been near a cancer patient? 

Kids. Not since Christmas. On purpose. A couple times they try to pet my dog while I’m walking her. Then there’s always the ones whose parents let them run in the grocery store. 

Cancer patients. I don’t see how that would’ve happened.

Just now, DontTazeMeBro said:

Cancer patients. I don’t see how that would’ve happened.

you know the medical history of every person you've ever come within 6 ft of?

More importantly, can you guarantee that every person who doesn't get vaccinated can guarantee the same?

• Like 2