Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

@ramssuperbowl99 I do wanna know how you manage to get by in this state when you tell people you aren't drinking lol. I had a buddy that didn't drink for 3 months and everyone treated him like he was dying. 

FFS my sister, someone who rarely drinks, moved here for less than 2 years and had to take a job elsewhere (for more money, obviously) because she got caught up in the culture. Outsiders really don't get it, man. 

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

@ramssuperbowl99 I do wanna know how you manage to get by in this state when you tell people you aren't drinking lol. I had a buddy that didn't drink for 3 months and everyone treated him like he was dying. 

FFS my sister, someone who rarely drinks, moved here for less than 2 years and had to take a job elsewhere (for more money, obviously) because she got caught up in the culture. Outsiders really don't get it, man. 

I've had to be forceful about it with a few people once each, but after that everybody usually gets the message. Sometimes people act passive aggressive about it but I have buddies who know to just get me a water or a diet coke buying rounds and no one cares. They get a full time DD for free.

The best thing to do is let people know you don't give a **** about their opinion in a positive way. My line has been, "I did it for me." Shuts everyone up.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 2

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I've had to be forceful about it with a few people once each, but after that everybody usually gets the message. Sometimes people act passive aggressive about it but I have buddies who know to just get me a water or a diet coke buying rounds and no one cares. They get a full time DD for free.

Man, I get a side eye every time I say "I'm good" when I'm hanging out with my boys if they offer me a beer. If I don't have a drink, it's like I'm offending them. Though, I can say it's a lot more often that I say "I'll have *insert any good *** Milwaukee beer here* if ya got it" than me declining. It really is another world here but I love it. I'm expected to kill my liver on the weekend and I happily oblige. 

Went out 3 weeks ago around Pewaukee and did nothing but play bar dice all night. Probably played 20 games. We were all wrecked. Next day? I just slept a lot. No hangover. That's...uh...not a good sign. My buddy on the other hand blacked out, loaded the washer for one stain on the shirt he was wearing, turned on the shower because he felt dirty, turned the shower head OUTWARD, flooding his bathroom and went and just laid down as this was happening. Thankfully his wife woke up lol. I love this state.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Man, I get a side eye every time I say "I'm good" when I'm hanging out with my boys if they offer me a beer. If I don't have a drink, it's like I'm offending them. Though, I can say it's a lot more often that I say "I'll have *insert any good *** Milwaukee beer here* if ya got it" than me declining. It really is another world here but I love it. I'm expected to kill my liver on the weekend and I happily oblige. 

Went out 3 weeks ago around Pewaukee and did nothing but play bar dice all night. Probably played 20 games. We were all wrecked. Next day? I just slept a lot. No hangover. That's...uh...not a good sign. My buddy on the other hand blacked out, loaded the washer for one stain on the shirt he was wearing, turned on the shower because he felt dirty, turned the shower head OUTWARD, flooding his bathroom and went and just laid down as this was happening. Thankfully his wife woke up lol. I love this state.

I completely get that. I lied and made excuses up for a long time when I was debating if I was just on a break or if I was "done done", even though I pretty much knew. Like I woke up one morning, thought to myself, "yeah this ain't it", and honestly haven't even really been tempted to go back. But even then when alcohol wasn't tempting at all, I had to mentally breakup with the drinking culture almost. So after ducking out of bars and being busy and having to work for a while I finally started having to be more forceful; we don't negotiate with terrorists type attitude. People respond way more positively to "no" then "sorry man I'd love to but I've gotta take a break a little bit". 

Outsiders do not get it though, you're 100% right. It's in everything.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Good for you man! I'm down 15 from January, cholesterol down from 224 to 142, and my pulse rate is down close to 10 bpm. Lifting 3-4 days a week has helped too, but diet is real. :) 

look at you, doing all this good exercise and eating well and you still got COVID

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/least-2-000-mississippi-nurses-150906237.html

@ramssuperbowl99 and I mentioned this a week or two ago. The burnout is real.

The actual headline::

Yet at least 771 medical-surgical and 235 intensive care unit beds in the state were going unused last week due to a lack of staff to man them, according to the Mississippi Clarion-Ledger.

It's nothing less than the people of the state deserve tbh. Treat your healthcare staff like dirt, don't be surprised when they leave.

Maybe they can get some local vet techs to take their spots.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TVScout said:

24 kids in his class. The dude is lucky tbh. The fact that this made national news when I’ve seen this happen in 10x worse situations is hilarious. My friend next door had 3 kids left after a 3 day Covid domino done with a positive student.

Also, I have no idea about his school, but our HR and administrative staff told us to come to work unless we had a fever over 100.3, and please feel free to take masks off when direct instruction takes place.