Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

21 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

I don't need to look at the account to know that it's just conspiracy theories, anger, and hatred. 

Anybody that looked at any medical, or scientific, information on the vaccine knew it wasn't rushed. The people afraid of that have been listening to others with no medical background. When you have all of the doctors in the world saying one thing, and Joe Rogan saying the opposite, one should never listen to Joe Rogan about anything medical related.

He’s referencing partial quotes by current leaders.

The full quotes show no hesitancy re: the science or the vaccine, just the previous admin.

But that part is left out because it doesn’t fit the narrative.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES

8 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm definitely dumber having spent the 30 seconds looking at it.

I endorsed it for the fact that they're showing the blatant hypocrisies that exist from politicians on a particular side and not for everything that is posted. Just wanted to ensure I made that clear.

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I endorsed it for the fact that they're showing the blatant hypocrisies that exist from politicians on a particular side and not for everything that is posted. Just wanted to ensure I made that clear.

I say this to you because you have posted enough here that you have demonstrated reasonability - so it may sound mean, but it comes from a place of sincerity: if that's where you're getting your 'gotchas' and news from as a valuable source of information, it will rub off and people will think less of you.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

8 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I say this to you because you have posted enough here that you have demonstrated reasonability - so it may sound mean, but it comes from a place of sincerity: if that's where you're getting your 'gotchas' and news from as a valuable source of information, it will rub off and people will think less of you.

It's not valuable to me by any means. I just stumbled upon that page and saw the hypocritical statements being made and that's all I'm showing. It's hardly news. It's proving a point that this has been politicized from the start and all of the sudden when the person in charge changed, magically so did everyone's opinions. That's all I mean from it when I suggested to look at it. If people make excuses (expected), that's fine. If they actually accept the info (not expected), that's fine as well. I just suggested it, again, to show how politicized this was and how politicians aren't genuine in their thoughts b/c someone said it's only a group of people who politicized it which is entirely false.

People can feel free to think less of me all they want, doesn't bother me one bit. I don't expect many to have high opinions to begin w/ lol

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

“Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime. That’s why I poop and get vaccinated on company time.”

Pretty much spot on, although as a teacher, you are not afforded the opportunity to poop or get vaccinated on company time in this case.

"Hey you 32 kids, please just coexist peacefully for the next 10-15 minutes while I take care of business" doesn't seem to work out well very often.

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

It's proving a point that this has been politicized from the start and all of the sudden when the person in charge changed, magically so did everyone's opinions.

Again, that’s not what happened. People were calling for peer review before trusting information provided by an organization that was consistently having to walk back statements about COVID for being half truths or lies. Taking those statements out of context as a gotcha doesn’t change the context in which they were provided. 

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

Pretty much spot on, although as a teacher, you are not afforded the opportunity to poop or get vaccinated on company time in this case.

"Hey you 32 kids, please just coexist peacefully for the next 10-15 minutes while I take care of business" doesn't seem to work out well very often.

Just leave a pile of hatchets, axes, clubs and guns and tomorrow your work load will be much lighter.

I can’t think of everything here…

Just now, pwny said:

Again, that’s not what happened. People were calling for peer review before trusting information provided by an organization that was consistently having to walk back statements about COVID for being half truths or lies. Taking those statements out of context as a gotcha doesn’t change the context in which they were provided. 

"I'm not taking a Trump vaccine" is a funny way of saying "we're waiting for peer reviews"..........

• Like 1