Roster Moves

Louis Friend

35 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

The Lions mismanaged the cap but had the will been there it could’ve been done. Mayhew himself admitted he made mistakes in the Suh negotiation. Suh stated it wasn’t about money.

dont forget the new deal that helped teams with #1 pick ten years in a row lol. What right after the "potential lockout" I think like 2011/12? I forget. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

No real draft talk thread yet but super bummed about these trades made around NFL by Miami, SF and Phi. Think that really hurts Det value at 7 as there could be 4 QBs gone by 7. 

I get your feelings from an emotional point just on hope but this doesn’t really change much.  Wilson was always going to go 2nd and I think most people expected a minimum 3 qb’s to be gone by 7.  The one disappointment is SF being the team moving up as they always felt like a great spot for a trade down.  Trade down would be preferable and there’s still going to be 1 or 2 qb’s on the board and someone might want to jump Carolina.  Panthers NOT being the team moving up 1st is the silver lining.  They could still jump us but if that 4th qb goes In front of us that slight chance Sewell fallls to us shoots up . 

13 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

I’m just glad those astronomical rookie deals are gone.

Or the annual 

"(Insert rookie's name here) is sitting out because they have not received the ridiculous contract they think they deserve and aren't coming to training camp on time"

Which usually lead into the 

"Because of their holdout, (insert rookie's name here) is struggling and to get up to speed". 

It wasn't ALWAYS the case but it was often enough that you just hoped your team's pick wasn't the one to do it out of the 2-3 that usually did. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 9:15 AM, Louis Friend said:

Lions gave him a solid offer, same money as Miami in fact, but they could not match Miami front loading the contract. Let’s not re-write history here. Suh’s sister wanted out of Detroit, no doubt. And her fascination of him was borderline creepy. But if the Lions could have offered him more money up front, he would have stayed, even with Ebron. And please don’t get me started on that!! I was anti-Ebron and am still banging that drum. 

I'm not but you can hold on to your point of view. I only kick a dead horse a couple times before I know whats up.

Edited by SimbaWho

18 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

No real draft talk thread yet but super bummed about these trades made around NFL by Miami, SF and Phi. Think that really hurts Det value at 7 as there could be 4 QBs gone by 7. 

On the flip side, it's more likely a top non QB prospect makes it to 7.

I would have been surprised to see them draft a QB at 7 even before these trades and the Goff extension. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

What do you like about it?  Just curious as I know nothing about him.  Do you think he'll be a starter?

Looks like a solid backup and special teamer.  I doubt he starts, or hope he doesn't at least but always good to have decent depth with a little experience.  He is probably an upgrade over Will Harris at this point so just continuing to build depth it appears. 

1 hour ago, Millenhater said:

What do you like about it?  Just curious as I know nothing about him.  Do you think he'll be a starter?

On a good defense, he’s a solid depth guy/special teamer who can fill in when a starter is out. He plays hard and will bite some kneecaps. I loathe our safety situation and think he’s a top 2 safety on our team barring any other moves at the position, but ideally, he doesn’t start. 

19 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

On a good defense, he’s a solid depth guy/special teamer who can fill in when a starter is out. He plays hard and will bite some kneecaps. I loathe our safety situation and think he’s a top 2 safety on our team barring any other moves at the position, but ideally, he doesn’t start. 

This is both equally scary and realistic... 

Edited by Karnage84