2021 Free Agency Thread NFL/MIN

CriminalMind

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

Still expect us to look into CB at least. A lot of "decent" names out there that shouldn't break the bank in future days of free agency.

I think it’s a given that they add a veteran CB. Guess it depends on if that vet is a starter or more of a #3/4.

Also would still love to see us talk to C-Patt again.

I saw somewhere that the WR market is "terrible" right now on twitter but I cant seem to find it. If it stays bad, I wouldn't mind throwing a dart at one of these guys just to see what they can bring in. Keeps our eyes of a WR in the very early rounds.

I'm sure the market is probably bad because it seems year after year the young WR crop keeps getting better and better.

7 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

i guess i never looked, but whats their cap situation like? what was Hudson's contract like?

are they saving much cap room with the move?

It costs them money. And carries a $15M dead money hit. Unless they mark him a post 6/1 cut. 

Edited by SemperFeist

3 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

i still have very little faith that the vikings will even pursue Hudson. I just dont see them ditching there 1st round pick from two years ago who improved, nor do I really see them try him at guard.

Agree...here's a novel approach--why not bring in someone who plays guard, to...you know...play guard?