NFL Free Agency 2021

KingTitan

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I mean, he entered 2019 as the favorite to be their third receiver and then had 17 catches in 14 games. Prior to this year, his catch rate was sub-50% before he became pretty strictly an underneath receiver. He’s a find depth piece, but I don’t know what points to him being more than that. Seahawks fans found him wildly inconsistent. Which makes sense given his role evaporating in 2019 and then getting off to a decent start last year before closing with under 100 yards combined in their last seven games.

i have literally never heard of this guy and his best season is ~400 yards. there's no reason he should be seen as anything more than a depth player

8 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i have literally never heard of this guy and his best season is ~400 yards. there's no reason he should be seen as anything more than a depth player

If he can be a more complete Khalif Raymond or a Tajae Sharpe with speed in good. 

We need a deep threat and he could be that. 

Paired with a high draft pick. 

And just cause you don't know him doesn't make him bad lol. 😁

I get it if the argument is that we take two shots on guys that we think are talented depth pieces and then take a receiver in the first. But I also think one of Robinson’s biggest problems is his clear tendency to leave one gaping hole on the roster heading into the draft and then limiting himself exclusively to that position in the first round.

The only time you can argue that J-Rob didn’t exclusively draft for immediate need in the first was Simmons, and it’s probably not a coincidence that he seems to be the one most likely to see a second contract. Other than that, Conklin, CD, Adoree, Evans and Wilson were all need-based picks. I don’t necessarily want to be forced to do that again. I think J-Rob is actually a competent talent evaluator, it’s just a whole lot easier to hit on talent when you have the entire board to pick from.

Of pre-production is an issue. 

Recall Rishard Matthews had a little over 600 yards and 4 TDs the year before he came to us. Before that he scratched the 400 yard mark once and had injury issues. 

Came here saw an increase in targets and was very good. 

Just saying

33 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

If he can be a more complete Khalif Raymond or a Tajae Sharpe with speed in good. 

We need a deep threat and he could be that. 

Paired with a high draft pick. 

And just cause you don't know him doesn't make him bad lol. 😁

tajae and kalif's entire deal is that they're solid depth WRs but couldn't cut it as a starter. we need a starter. which brings me right back to.....in isolation, i'm fine with this guy as a depth piece. but if we're bringing him in and then relying on a rookie WR to immediately step in and be our #2....i don't like that. there are enough veteran #2 options out there and it would make so much more sense to bring one of them in while drafting someone that we can actually take the time to develop as their replacement.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

And add a 1st or 2nd round draft pick. I would take Moore. 

I think if you upped David Moore’s targets he could be a real solid piece and maybe turn into something special. He has shown some real talent in moments but just gets stuck in a system behind two amazing receivers that get heavy targets. Metcalf and Lockett hogged the targets. He doesn’t have the volume but he has always showed something special when he gets a chance. I would love that pickup.

38 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

tajae and kalif's entire deal is that they're solid depth WRs but couldn't cut it as a starter. we need a starter. which brings me right back to.....in isolation, i'm fine with this guy as a depth piece. but if we're bringing him in and then relying on a rookie WR to immediately step in and be our #2....i don't like that. there are enough veteran #2 options out there and it would make so much more sense to bring one of them in while drafting someone that we can actually take the time to develop as their replacement.

Well the options are running thin on proven NFL#2 Wrs. 

Juju and Fuller obviously want more money or longer deal. And we are short on the first. 

We essentially went with an 3rd WR with Humphries from Tampa behind mike evans and godwin. 

And paired him with a rookie WR in AJ Brown and inconsistent Corey Davis and a 5th round guy in Tajae. 

Worked out ok. 

Theoretically:

AJ Brown. David Moore. Rashod Bateman. Cam Batson.(who they like and honestly has great hands for a 3rd/4th WR role). Chester Rodgers (who is on roster and had almost 500 yards and 2tds in a almost 4th WR role). 

May not excite many but that's realistic. 

Sub David Moore for Josh Reynolds. Denard Robinson. Or someone along those lines. 

Unless we trade or just get a great deal with Juju or Fuller. 

I mean if you examine even the best wr core in the league you will find guys from lower rounds that stepped up. Or unknown free agents they found the right spot. 

Really won't find "names" that were brought together and had success. 

Even the Browns with Odell and Jarvis hasn't really worked out. They were best with an unknown in Higgins and Jarvis. 

We are resetting to a degree with our Wrs.

• Like 1

I don’t love the game we might be playing of let’s see how hard we can make things on Tannehill before he stops producing at an elite level. Downgrading WR, TE and OL in one offseason is a bold strategy.

Not that it’s locked in, but as we sit, there’s a strong possibility we have to spend at least two of our first three picks on offense. Which is nuts coming off of a season where we had a top five offense and a bottom five defense.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I don’t love the game we might be playing of let’s see how hard we can make things on Tannehill before he stops producing at an elite level. Downgrading WR, TE and OL in one offseason is a bold strategy.

WR and TE I understand but the OL is practically the same. Kelly graded as a below average RT. He had a solid year and I didn’t like him getting cut but a rookie or even Lamm probably won’t be much if any of a drop off. Carter has done an incredible job with this group so I’m sure he can get the RT playing up to par with the rest of the OL. 

3 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

WR and TE I understand but the OL is practically the same. Kelly graded as a below average RT. He had a solid year and I didn’t like him getting cut but a rookie or even Lamm probably won’t be much if any of a drop off. Carter has done an incredible job with this group so I’m sure he can get the RT playing up to par with the rest of the OL. 

Kelly was fine and Lamm is pretty bad, so it’s definitely a downgrade. Though I’m open to the argument that it’s balanced out by us presumably having a healthy Lewan back.