NFL Free Agency 2021

KingTitan

1 minute ago, SerenityNow said:

Yeah I'm definitely not one of those "let's go sign all the big names!" guys. I know it's a process, and there's things we have to account for like the cap, but we just released two more starters to clear more space. So in theory we should be able to add a few more vets and hopefully we do to fill some more spots offensively so that we're not hamstrung into going offense in the first couple rounds of the draft when we could still desperately use some more defensive talent and still need a starting CB.

My ideal situation right now is to sign a guy like Josh Reynolds/Demarcus Robinson at WR and Darren Fells at TE. Not sexy names, but solid vets that can step up as place holders in starting roles until any rookie we draft is ready to take on a larger role. I see Josh Reynolds and Demarcus Robinson as guys that could easily slide into that WR2 role and out produce expectations similar to what Rishard Matthews did for us. 

Yes sir!

41 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

More out of curiosity than anything else (and obviously it’s subject to change), but does anyone feel confident that they’ll feel better about the 2021 team heading into the season than the 2020 team?

And note: I’m not saying more confident than you were in the 2020 team at the end of the year, after we knew who Beasley and Bowen were and after the Lewan, Hump, Clowney, Jayon and Adoree injuries. But say, in September of 2020.

I felt pretty confident going into the 2020 season. I thought the combo of Beasley and Clowney could at least do better than the year before. You’re basically replacing Clowney with Dupree and Jones/Beasley with Autry. However, we lose Adoree, Butler, Vaccaro, Kelly, Davis, Humphries, and Jonnu. Only adding a 32 year old Janoris Jenkins so far. I think people underestimate Jonnu and his impact. He was the only complete TE on the roster. Same goes for Davis. He was a very good #2 WR and fit well with what we wanted to do. Bringing in a bunch of rookies and lower end FAs isn’t replacing what those guys brought. We still have huge needs all over the place as of right now and the idea should be not make our draft so predictable. We’ll obviously need pass-rushers, WRs, and CBs in the draft but don’t make the 1st round so obvious. 

The roster itself is still pretty talented(Best RB, Top 10 WR, Top 10 QB, Top 10 LT, Best P, one of the best interior OLs in the league) but we have major holes to fill and I’m not confident in guys like Firkser filling Jonnu’s role, Fulton and Jenkins and whoever replacing Adoree, Ryan, and Butler. 

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 1

Honestly none of the WR I wanted in FA have been signed yet. Im still pretty comfortable with this off season. Im more concerned about the CB room and who is going to play RT. There are a few RT I really like in the draft but CB might be a struggle