NFL Free Agency 2021

KingTitan

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

What we doing here Wood?  What ARE WE DOING?  lol

Yea, sounds like a more reasonable statement. Now he is endorsing Vrabel. Haha. People are just too polarized with our d and Vrabel. The coaching needs to grow and the players need to be better. The finger isn’t just to be pointed in one direction. Time, experience, and trying different things can help this process. I am not going to get too high or low on anything, just happy to see we are making changes.

10 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

I'm not sure I can take Wood serious. He just sounds like a pissed off little kid who didn't get his way with daddy Vrable. 

Given that Woodyard looks nothing like Shane Bowen, I highly doubt Vrabel is his daddy

7 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

So im cap clueless rn

But what can we afford Will fuller?

Also id love to bring cook(for lolz) and walker back lmao 

No idea what we are at but we had I believe 16-18 mil at the start. Cutting Adoree and Kelly saved us 15 mil I believe. We could afford Fuller especially if they move the money around like JRob has shown he does well in the past. 

16 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

So im cap clueless rn

But what can we afford Will fuller?

Also id love to bring cook(for lolz) and walker back lmao 

8 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

No idea what we are at but we had I believe 16-18 mil at the start. Cutting Adoree and Kelly saved us 15 mil I believe. We could afford Fuller especially if they move the money around like JRob has shown he does well in the past. 

According to spotrac, we're at about $23 million in space, not counting the signing of Dupree, Jenkins, or Firkser. 

Just now, dtait93 said:

Probably have 7-9m left. Should probably factor in the rookie class as well

For some reason I want to think the Rookie Class doesn't count in that cap number. I'm going to see if I can find something to support this..lol

Rookie Cap:

https://overthecap.com/the-salary-cap-cost-of-rookie-draft-picks/ 

The reason for this is because most people will see a big total like $11.8 million for the rookie cap and conclude that a team with $10 million in cap space can not sign their draft class without cuts or contract modifications. What people fail to understand is that during this time of year only the top 51 players have their base salaries count on the salary cap and every team has more than 51 players so each rookie will displace another player’s contract on the roster. Either the old player will have his base salary drop out of the calculation while the new base salary climbs in or the rookie will only have the prorated portion of his contract count on the cap.  So the net cap space required to sign rookies is very different from the total rookie cap number.

• Like 1