Vikings sign DT Dalvin Tomlinson

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

There new Joseph.

Yep.  Get a good DE on the other side of him and that D-line could be very formidable again this year.  Drafting Kwity Paye or or Gregory Rousseau could be in he cards now.  Not bad work at all by Spielman and Zimmer.

I watched the Vikings get absolutely gashed in the run game last year (I think it was against the Saints).  Tomlinson is a step in the right direction of fixing that.  He's a bulldog.  Tough and plays hard.  He's not going to give you much in the way of rushing the passer though.  Regardless, the Vikings got a good player and I wish him the best

From the Giants perspective, I understand letting him walk.  They will have a lot invested in Leonard Williams once they work out a deal.  They drafted Dexter Lawrence in the first round, who is a big body in the middle.  They also have a few rotational guys that can play, and can hopefully step in for Tomlinson.  Furthermore, they don't have the cap space to be paying a run stuffer that much money.  They need that money to get Daniel Jones a receiver (Golladay or Samuel)

Edited by Gmen
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Gmen said:

I watched the Vikings get absolutely gashed in the run game last year (I think it was against the Saints).  Tomlinson is a step in the right direction of fixing that.  He's a bulldog.  Tough and plays hard.  He's not going to give you much in the way of rushing the passer though.  Regardless, the Vikings got a good player and I wish him the best

From the Giants perspective, I understand letting him walk.  They will have a lot invested in Leonard Williams once they work out a deal.  They drafted Dexter Lawrence in the first round, who is a big body in the middle.  They also have a few rotational guys that can play, and can hopefully step in for Tomlinson.  Furthermore, they don't have the cap space to be paying a run stuffer that much money.  They need that money to get Daniel Jones a receiver (Golladay or Samuel)

The Vikes signed Michael Pierce last year to replace Joseph, he didn’t play due to Covid. MN was terrible along the interior DL. Adding Tomlinson and getting Pierce back will be huge. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Feels really redundant alongside Pierce and an interesting way to allocate available funds. Not saying Tomlinson is a bad get, it's just a weird fit. 

I think it makes a lot of sense actually. Zimmer wants to be able to shut down the run, they were terrible at it last year. Tomlinson seems to actually get a decent number of pressures for a big guy, I think he was top 25. The Vikes DTs were in the 50s for pressures. Further, Zimmer typically will throw a DE at DT in passing situations anyway, that’s probably Weatherly this year unless they bring Odenigbo back. 

This move also has a lot to do with keeping the LBs clean, which helps for those double A gap blitzes Zimmer likes and again, in the run game.