2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

12 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Fascinating how quickly the NBA has changed recently. Players like Kenneth Faried, big men who are not good shooters or rim protectors, have been hit the hardest. A few years ago he was mentioned as a top 100 player, considered a nice part of plenty of the fantasy trades drawn up for the Nuggets, and given a $10M/year contract (well before the cap boom). Now? He cannot even crack the rotation of a fringe playoff team.

This is the exact same guy who averaged an efficient 13 points and 9 boards in under 30 minutes per game during his 2nd and 3rd season. Nothing special, but definitely someone you would consider an asset. You'd have to imagine there's just no market for players like him, otherwise the Nuggets would have traded him awhile ago, or a guy like Montrezl wouldn't be a throw in type of guy. 

Maybe it wasn't that slow and I'm just slow to digest it. I know stretch 4s have been around, a luxury in the mid to late 00s, then pretty common like 2013, but not until 2015 or 2016 did it feel like they became essential (with exceptions).

I think he’d be perfect on GS, to replace JaVale McGee, but he’d provide more.

24 minutes ago, champ11 said:

watching the nuggets mavs game from last night and geez the Mavs have horrible talent. they need a top 5 pick. also:

That's a really good play so I don't want to take anything away from it...but it really doesn't display great court vision. Its just a heads up play. The offensive player face cuts him, that's very easy to see.

I know a little bit of it has to do with who we've played lately (PHX, BKN, CHI) but we look totally different sans Kidd. I really believe he was holding us back. We're playing conservative on defense and, what do you know, our length is causing problems and forcing turnovers. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

This refusal to give Harden continuation is getting ridiculous 

he abused it last year and now the whole league never gets the benefit of the doubt. 

harden's obviously a great player, mvp candidate. but i wouldn't die on that hill if i were him.

Archived