2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Obviously the Kyrie trade looks awful now, and it will unless the Nets pick amounts to an all star caliber player. However, they did the best they could have at the deadline while not giving up their biggest future asset. The way they were playing, they might have not even gotten out of the first round. Now? Back to contention for the East and the bad blood in the locker room is gone. 

It’s certainly gonna be interesting to see how these trades impact the Cavs moving forward this season.

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Obviously the Kyrie trade looks awful now, and it will unless the Nets pick amounts to an all star caliber player. However, they did the best they could have at the deadline while not giving up their biggest future asset. The way they were playing, they might have not even gotten out of the first round. Now? Back to contention for the East and the bad blood in the locker room is gone. 

Really, you think this trade is that much of a difference? I certainly don’t. 

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Pretty much have to look at it from the perspective of two separate deals.  LNJ for the 2018 CLE 1st is the first part, which makes sense.  I like what LNJ brings to the table as far as energy goes, but he's not much more than a 3rd big.  He's not a starting big man by any means.  He's a hard worker, big dunks, and high energy but he's not overly talented.  A future pick is more valuable to the Lakers than LNJ is/was.  As for the Frye/IT for Clarkson swap, they're essentially trading a known quantity for future cap relief.  IF the Lakers weren't planning on being active in FA, that swap wouldn't make sense but they are.  And Clarkson's value is on a win-now team that isn't going to be a player in FA.

How many max contracts can the Lakers sign this off-season to team up with Ball and Ingram?

5 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Well, Gilbert has done way more than you can expect an owner to do to appease a player, except hire competent people to run the org I guess.

Gonna suck when LeBron walks after all that.

LeBron told him not to trade Kyrie and he directly went against that.  The owner/front office has made this team much worse over the course of one off-season.

11 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Really, you think this trade is that much of a difference? I certainly don’t. 

I do. Again, just much better fits and they got younger. That's a team that's dead man walking on far too many nights. My concern is still come playoff time when the Cavs are in tight games and it is nothing but LeBron isos. The way he plays in 4th quarters, he's always needed another shot maker or creator that could play that style. Wade and Kyrie could, and a healthy IT could, but now? He better be super human in damn near every close game. 

Archived