2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He said he's a Buck for life though!!

Still can't believe he took less than a max and to see tony snell and matthew dellavedova and teletovic and henson see that TV deal money smh 

3 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

It's a lot of moving parts, and I think people are well aware that IF a GM could pull it off its probably Morey. It's still a very tough move to make and it'll require multiple teams being on board with taking the Rockets scraps basically.

So you believe there's a team out there that would accept Henson without any asset attached to him?

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

If the Bucks could salary dump John Henson, don't you think they would have done so already?  I mean, I'm not going to pretend that Henson isn't probably more moveable given that he's due less but the notion that he can be flipped to a 3rd team with no notable assets attached to them isn't realistic IMO.  Best case scenario, you're sending Anderson to the Bucks, Henson and your 2019 1st to 3rd team, and that 3rd team sends a 2019 expiring to you.  I don't believe you'll end up getting cap space for Anderson.

I never said we would flip Henson without giving up assets. The bucks can’t afford to part with a 1st, but the rockets could. 

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He said he's a Buck for life though!!

lol @ boyos who actually think he's leaving

i really hope people of other teams dedicate time in their lives counting down the time to his FA only for him to sign a super max in 3 years

giphy-downsized-large.gif

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

So you believe there's a team out there that would accept Henson without any asset attached to him?

No. I do think they could dump Henson with a 2019 unprotected 1st though. Getting Henson and Snell for Ryan Anderson would be a decent win. They could attach a single 1st with Henson, especially since he's got a front loaded contract and if they want to, they could probably get like two 2nds for Snell in a salary dump.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He did say in the 60 minute interview that he doesn't like the big cities and prefers to stay low key. We shall see if he feels that way in a few years but I'd guess he stays in Milwaukee. 

Plenty of "small" cities where he could actually win. Memphis, Minnesota, New Orleans, San Antonio, Indiana, Charlotte, Utah...Denver isn't considered small but I feel like it doesn't have that "big city" feel.

Point being, Giannis would be silly to stay in Milwaukee. I love when small markets get super stars, I think it's great for the league, but that organization has failed to put anything great around him.

I think Giannis has a similar personality to AD. They're humble, low-profile guys, probably have good deal of appreciation and loyalty to the team that drafted them. Just like AD has, I think Giannis will give Milwaukee plenty of time to build something around him. Not until they hit the wrong side of 30, and if things aren't looking good, will they start scheming and get into the politics of superteams. 

If Lequit left and Kd's cupcake arse left.. Anyone can leave and those guys >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Giannis.

Giannis simply can't elevate players around him. And I don't care what anyone says MIL has a good roster. Better than Indy, Tor and maybe even Boston.

Like some will say coaching, But man.. When Dipo is balls deep in clutch situations he pulls thru. The fact that MIL has been on the bottom of the totem poll and 

considered road turd thru out his tenure speaks very badly. He's having a great season and is arguably having a top 5 season. But i look at what Harden has done these

last few years alone with a terrible roster and I'm simply not impressed. Same with AD and Boogie(Great stat guys but they don't lead to wins). They simply can't elevate other players. They're in the Blake Griffin mold of impact.

Even Rose spearheaded a crappy Bulls roster to the top seed. No way Giannis shouldn't be held accountable. The baby sixers are sharting all over them. And that's all on their leadership role as players. I think the world of Ben Simmons and he's already farther ahead in that department than Giannis. If the man has to drop 50 a night ala Harden to get wins! Then do it. You Greek yogurt. 

and I'm sure haters will come out the woodwork.. But i know my ball.. And what's going down In MIL all falls on Giannis hands. 

DO BETTER

LEAD BETTER

and BE BETTER. NO EXCUSES. 

Bucks roster is not overall better than Toronto or Boston but it’s a lot better than the 8th seed in the East. They should be the 4th or 5th seed or at least in that mix with those teams like Philly. They shouldn’t be locked into 7/8th seed like they are I agree with that portion of it. They definitely should be better than what they are. 

I also agree that after watching LeBron and KD leave and even Kyrie forcing his way out this season that absolutely nothing would surprise me in the NBA anymore. If he left I’d kinda be like alright I that makes sense. 

Archived