Raiders sign DL Solomon Thomas (1 year, $5M)

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Fargas was solid and ran hard. But I remember getting annoyed when they kept giving him touches when we had Mcfadden. I always thought there was a huge talent gap between the two. Talent wise, McFadden had a few years where I thought he was top 3-5 back in the league based on talent. Just stuck on a team being ran like a circus. 

Dmac was always injured iirc

4 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

If I’m right you would mention He’s a Running back in a WR body because those super skinny chicken legs.  Dmac that is 

Definitely sounds about right plus extra mileage from college and fargas just had a 1k season I figured we could’ve used the pick for other needs

15 hours ago, SimonGruber said:
17 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I liked fargas and didn’t think we needed to draft dmac 

If I’m right you would mention He’s a Running back in a WR body because those super skinny chicken legs.  Dmac that is

Trouble with McFadden was he was a great straight line runner and hard runner but he had poor lateral agility and couldn't really make guys miss. Brian Baldinger did a great breakdown of him post draft which was widely panned here as it wasn't complimentary but ultimately proved correct. Give him an open hole and he's gone but at the time I thought it was a luxury pick.

I too liked Fargas and just like today thought DT was the much bigger need. Nothing changes eh? 😁

Edited by Darbsk

20 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

ya, alot of horrible drafting. I always thought Mcfadden was screwed on those Raider teams. he would have had alot better career on a more well ran organization 

He did not have any wiggle to make defenders miss.  If he got in the right system he would have had a much better career.  

19 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

He had a deformed foot.

Turf toe and lisfranc.  I really think those last ten years with Davis our team fell apart even to the point that we had a really bad medical staff.  Guys would get injured small stuff and then get the return day pushed back for the entire season.  Looking back at his production McFadden had 2 years with over 5 yards per carry, 1 in the 4s, and 4 in the low 3s.  That is a wide margin.

22 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Turf toe and lisfranc.  I really think those last ten years with Davis our team fell apart even to the point that we had a really bad medical staff.  Guys would get injured small stuff and then get the return day pushed back for the entire season.  Looking back at his production McFadden had 2 years with over 5 yards per carry, 1 in the 4s, and 4 in the low 3s.  That is a wide margin.

Everybody’s favorite Irish Coffee drinker played coy for some reason about Mcfaddens injury. It’s possible the medical staff was sending mixed signals but who knows

4 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Everybody’s favorite Irish Coffee drinker played coy for some reason about Mcfaddens injury. It’s possible the medical staff was sending mixed signals but who knows

I remember Woodson having the same turf toe issues and missing extra time also when he was with us the first time. 

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

I remember Woodson having the same turf toe issues and missing extra time also when he was with us the first time. 

I was referring to the 2011 lisfranc but yes McFadden’s rookie year wasn’t it his cleats not being the right size or something I swear it was that simple maybe misremembering obviously 

3 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

I was referring to the 2011 lisfranc but yes McFadden’s rookie year wasn’t it his cleats not being the right size or something I swear it was that simple maybe misremembering obviously 

This organization was so poorly ran at the time.  

2 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

It really can’t be understated. Top down not just Al rest his soul picking players but everything.

Al's drafting and FA mistakes where not even the worst part.  The infrastructure of the organization was just falling apart.

23 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

No He had a genetically deformed foot that's why all the foot issues.

He couldn't wear his special made cleats because the NFL had a licensing agreement with Nike.