Justice League Snyder Cut (Spoilers!)

Acgott

15 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

To me, Erza Miller just isn't it. I wished they had recasted this role when the Flash movie was up in the air...

I completely agree....but Ezra Miller AND this goofy interpretation of the character isnt an example of the Flash being done right.

Check out the animated feature "Flashpoint Paradox" for a an example of how great Flash can be.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 43M said:

I completely agree....but Ezra Miller AND this goofy interpretation of the character isnt an example of the Flash being done right.

Check out the animated feature "Flashpoint Paradox" for a an example of how great Flash can be.

Nope it isn't. I tell my close friends that yes Barry Allen is a nerd/he's smart but the DCU version of Barry Allen makes him out to be some loser.

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Nope it isn't. I tell my close friends that yes Barry Allen is a nerd/he's smart but the DCU version of Barry Allen makes him out to be some loser.

Yeah.

He is much closer to the Wally West Flash, but Ezra Miller isnt funny and so the humor they give him falls flat.   His awkwardness doesn't come across as funny, just....awkward.

Edited by 43M
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

The whole I need friends line was lame.. killed the character imo.

Yep...and the part where he first meets Diana and sees the Bat signal.

They cut out his cringiest parts and he was still pretty bad.

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

And how he runs..let's not forget about that

I dont necessarily blame him for that.   I think that might be part of Snyders direction.

Silly either way, but I dont think that's on Ezra Miller.

Ok, I got through this finally, here's my scatterbrained thoughts on things:

CONS

• There should have absolutely been a Flash and a Cyborg movie before this.  The characters work better in the Snyder cut, but only because they were given so much more time.  Almost all of what is extra in here could have been ripped out and put in their separate origin movies, and that cuts the run time down by like an hour.  Aquaman would still work as a movie after this if they really wanted to wait, since the story is set up that way in the Aquaman movie that we got.  Take out the AM slo mo walking scenes and there's another 5 minutes shaved off.

• Is Aquaman's town a cult that worships him as a God?  Because it totally came off that way, right down to the creepy *** woman singing and sniffing his shirt.  And if he takes off his shirt everytime he goes into the ocean, where does he keep getting shirts?  Does the cult have them on standby?

• The "Superman scream" that somehow woke up the mother boxes at the start literally took five minutes of the film and is there any particular reason a superman scream would wake the boxes?  Really dumb sequence to start the movie and is totally Snyder being Snyder.

• Jeremy Irons is always gold.  He's tremendous as Alfred.  If anything, should have had more Irons.

• So the bank robbers are just nihilists?  I could literally hear Walter, Donnie, and the Dude having that conversation in my head watching that scene.  I get they just wanted to have a show off scene for WW, but in the grand scheme, it really was pointless, especially in a bloated 4 hour movie.  And if WW can move that fast, why not just punch the dude out?  Instead she blows up the outer wall of the bank causing a ton of damage and debris to fly into the street below.

• So the Amazonians essentially send a flaming arrow into orbit and light the Parthenon on fire, and WW can just walk up to the scene, grab the arrow and go below?

• I'm still not quite sure why Steppenwolf is in the dog house.  As best as I can figure he owes Darkseid money?  50,000 something.

• Snyder's song choices are just brutally bad for the most part. For every one he gets that somewhat fits, at least two more are awkward.

• Ezra Miller as Barry Allen is just bad.  Terrible casting.

• Nearly every blood splatter effect looked like something from Grand Theft Auto III on PS2.  Just terrible effects for blood splatter.

• Everybody seems pretty cool with necromancy and stealing corpses.

• They may as well have called the Mother Boxes Magic McGuffin's, because they could just do whatever the plot required with little to no explanation.

• As far as we know, Barry has no idea who Iris is when he saves her, and he totally comes off as a stalker in that scene.

• We literally have no reason why Superman is going with the Black suit

• All of the Martian Manhunter stuff is just tacked on, it doesn't further anything narratively.  And wouldn't Lois and Martha at some point realize that wasn't actually Martha who came to see Lois?

• The epilogue was terrible and unnecessary

PROS

• Affleck and Gadot have pretty good chemistry on screen together.  Other than the weird hand touching around the mouse thing, their scenes clicked very well.

• Cyborg's story was pretty solid, but it was a major major major mistake to not have almost all that content in an origin movie before Justice League.

• I actually loved the character design for Flash, but Ezra Miller is so bad that anything that isn't CG comes off poorly.  And does Ezra Miller not know how to run?  However, the scene where he is saving the hostages from the rubble may have been the coolest scene in the entire movie.

• The Superman resurrection scene was the best part of Whedon's version, and is done very well here too, but they cut out Superman asking Batman "Do you bleed".  That must have been Whedon who added that, and it was noticeably absent from this, but the scene is still good.

• Aquaman was done much better in this version overall, outside of the extra five minutes of slo mo walking.  He feels much more consistent.

• Steppenwolf's CGI and story are so much better done in this which is the biggest lift to the entire movie.  My only real qualm is that we aren't given a good reason why he's in Darkseid's doghouse.

Final Thoughts

• With a Flash and Cyborg movie before this, cut out the unnecessary slo mo, it could have easily been a tight 2.5 hour movie, easily, but then, it wouldn't be Snyder.

• The DCEU is dead, you have to deal with that.  Cavill and Affleck are out the door, and if that happens, you can't come back from that.

• Overall, a better movie, but honestly, the more I think about it, not that much better.  The tone works better because it is consistent, and narratively, it works better, but that's only because it took 4 freaking hours to tell it.  Give Whedon another 90 minutes to tell a story and better CG, and his version probably would have been better too.  The biggest reason why it's better is Steppenwolf is done that much better.  In the end, I think it went from a D+/C- to a B- type of movie.  For everything Snyder did good, he did something almost equally bad in his cut.  The

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

It was mentioned somewhere by someone that it was the lack of a kryptonian or GL protector or some ish

But the Lantern Darkseid killed was 5000 years ago.  Either there is a new Lantern or there was 4970 years without either.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

• The DCEU is dead, you have to deal with that.  Cavill and Affleck are out the door, and if that happens, you can't come back from that.

Cavill said in an interview last year that he wants to keep playing Superman, and feels like there are more stories to tell with the character. 

44 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Cavill said in an interview last year that he wants to keep playing Superman, and feels like there are more stories to tell with the character. 

But WB is apparently rebooting Superman with JJ Abrhams....and I am fairly confident it will be a spectacular failure.

• Like 1