Steelers re-sign WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (1 year, $8M)

RaidersAreOne

12 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

you're better than this

Pats pay 2x market value for Agholor and you're using that as evidence that they are a "more signable" destination?

Come on

If we're talking about being "better than" something, I'd say you're better than reducing a group of pass catchers: Jonnu Smith, Hunter Henry, Nelson Agholor, Kendrick Bourne to simply just pointing out the most undesirable of the contracts. They got four productive receiving targets to sign on to an offense that threw 14 more passes than the Ravens and currently features a broken down Cam Newton as the most viable starter. The Ravens can't get one guy?

13 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I'm going to bash the Steelers pretty hard if they lose Steven Nelson to keep Juju. I mean, there's more going on there than just Juju, but if they end up cutting a young CB to keep a WR on a one year deal than that will be the dumbest Steelers decision since drafting Jarvis Jones.

On a league wide level, in terms of roster construction and roster allocation this offseason, Ryan Pace & Jon Gruden both say "hold my beer".

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The moral of the story is no WR wants to play in a run-first offense in Free Agency.

I don't think this is a thing. They want to get paid. JuJu taking $1M less to stay with the team that drafted him and he's been in the same system with for 4 years, instead of going to their biggest rival, isn't that big a statement.

4 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I don't think this is a thing. They want to get paid. JuJu taking $1M less to stay with the team that drafted him and he's been in the same system with for 4 years, instead of going to their biggest rival, isn't that big a statement.

How are they going to get paid by taking a 1-year deal in a run-heavy offense?

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

How are they going to get paid by taking a 1-year deal in a run-heavy offense?

Who says they can only be offered a 1-year deal? If the Ravens really wanted to sign him they could have, you know, offered him more than $1M more to switch to the enemy. Or give him a 2 year deal with more per year, since they have a lot of space in '22. The cap is going to take off in '23, not next offseason, so that's when players should be targeting FA.

My point is that this was far from an "all-out" effort by the Ravens to get a WR.

Edited by wackywabbit

1 hour ago, Tk3 said:

Takes an inferior offer to stay with the inferior team.. in an offense that decreased his marketability and will only be worse this year

Good luck Juju

You could be right. I think we could actually be better offensively depending on what Canada's offense looks like 

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

You could be right. I think we could actually be better offensively depending on what Canada's offense looks like 

Gotta get that interior O-line fixed. That's the biggest weakness on the team. The IOL was trash last year and it hasn't gotten better. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Gotta get that interior O-line fixed. That's the biggest weakness on the team. The IOL was trash last year and it hasn't gotten better. 

I'd love to see us pick up Creed Humphrey or another top C and a G. I wouldn't be upset if we also picked up an OT. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

On a league wide level, in terms of roster construction and roster allocation this offseason, Ryan Pace & Jon Gruden both say "hold my beer".

Jack Easterby sits idly by, sipping on communion wine and thinking "amateurs..."

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Jack Easterby sits idly by, sipping on communion wine and thinking "amateurs..."

He deserves his own tier because he has no actual experience.   That’s on McNair.   

These 3 should know better but don’t. But yeah point taken. 

• Like 1

JuJu peaked in 2018 with all focus on AB.

• AB had 129 less yards but 8 more TDs and a higher average.

JuJu had a very nice 9 TDs last year. His 8.6 per catch was putrid. (126th best in the NFL)

• Agholor was at 18.7 (2nd best in the NFL)
  • JuJu was 6th in yards per catch on his own team.
  • yards per target - Agholor was 6th at 10.9 and JuJu was 115th at 6.5

Also, if you think Agholor was just handed 26 million over 2 years its because you are a propaganda fool who can't research anything for yourself.

Edited by SkippyX