FFMD 21 Discussion Thread

EaglesPeteC

3 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Lol yea

Ojulari,  Collins, Ossai were probably the consensus Bucs guys

I PM’d @BowserBroncos the 3 guys I’d stay at 31 for were Collins Ojulari & Ossai 2 picks before Collins went.   It’s a big reason why I hope Paton trades back into 20’s if Mac Jones is on the board and a team like Chicago / NO or another team is willing to give up a future 1st (plus more if it’s way back).   Get the BPA and need and more premium 2022 draft ammo.   If it’s not a top 4 QB that’s the ideal scenario. 

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I PM’d @BowserBroncos the 3 guys I’d stay at 31 for were Collins Ojulari & Ossai 2 picks before Collins went.   It’s a big reason why I hope Paton trades back into 20’s if Mac Jones is on the board and a team like Chicago / NO or another team is willing to give up a future 1st (plus more if it’s way back).   Get the BPA and need and more premium 2022 draft ammo.   If it’s not a top 4 QB that’s the ideal scenario. 

at this point i'd be surprised if in RL you guys dont trade up to get a QB , your FO has not minced words when it comes to the QB position

i would guess youd want to get to 4 tho, imo Mac Jones wouldnt be much of an upgrade over Locke, if at all

9 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

at this point i'd be surprised if in RL you guys dont trade up to get a QB , your FO has not minced words when it comes to the QB position

i would guess youd want to get to 4 tho, imo Mac Jones wouldnt be much of an upgrade over Locke, if at all

It’s just a matter of how much imo.  If Detroit is looking to trade back from 7, easy call.   If it’s ATL it’s a lot more expensive.   

Keep in mind both Watson and Wilson are likely to be later (even if it’s 2021-2 offseason).  Paton has a ton of security in year 1 so he’s not on the hot seat.  I have no doubt he will upgrade between now and 2022.   He offered for Stafford and was very interested in Watson even up until the heat for Watson got too high.   And he’d definitely take one of the top 4 QB imo.   Jones isn’t so clear (and I don’t blame him).  

With Mahomes/Herbert the bar for QB ceiling Denver is targeting has to be higher.  It’s why trading back and accumulating more 2022 draft ammo makes so much sense if he can’t get a top 4 QB.    Getting a Mayfield / Carr / Cousins ceiling isn’t enough.  It would be in other divisions but not the AFCW anymore.  

Edited by Broncofan

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It’s just a matter of how much imo.  If Detroit is looking to trade back from 7, easy call.   If it’s ATL it’s a lot more expensive.   

Keep in mind both Watson and Wilson are likely to be later (even if it’s 2021-2 offseason).  Paton has a ton of security.  I have no doubt he will upgrade between now and 2022.   He offered for Stafford and was very interested in Watson even up until the heat for Watson got too high.   And he’d definitely take one of the top 4 QB imo.   Jones isn’t so clear (and I don’t blame him).  

With Mahomes/Herbert the bar for QB ceiling has to be higher.  It’s why trading back and accumulating more 2022 draft ammo makes so much sense if he can’t get a top 4 QB.    Getting a Mayfield/Carr ceiling isn’t enough. 

if the Mac Jones to 9ners rumors are true i can definitely see giving up a ton of picks to move up with Atlanta for Fields

i like your idea better of moving back and getting more picks but sometimes these FOs are desperate to get the guy they want