Seahawks re-signs RB Chris Carson long term

ACO

I’m really glad this happened, there was people saying the dolphins were close to an agreement with Carson and I really didn’t want that to happen. He’s a good running back but I really want Najee Harris or Javonte Williams or Michael Carter or Rhamomdre Stevens. 

According to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network, Carson has inked a two-year contract worth up to $14.6 million to stay in Seattle. The contract includes a voidable third year that would push the overall value of the contract up to $24.625 million. He will earn $5.5 million in guaranteed money and could receive up to $6.9 million in 2021.

These numbers make the contract seem alot better. Wont know the entire deets until they are fully released, especially the 2021 cap hit.

• Like 5

The contract is not real until its on Overthecap and we can look at the structure.

Agholor's 13 a year was really 10 + incentives and roster bonuses.

Rudolph's 16 was really 12 with incentives or 7 for 1.

Its agent lies until you see the details.

• Like 3

Full details

Chris Carson’s new deal with the Seahawks is a two-year, $10.425M deal with a $4.5M signing bonus and a $1m guaranteed 2021 salary. He has a $4.5M non-guaranteed 2022 salary and $450K in per-game roster bonuses in ‘22. Up to $1.4 incentives each year (rush yds, rec yds, TDs)

2021: $2.5M cap hit ($1M base salary + $1.5M pro rated portion of signing bonus)
2022: $6.45M* cap hit ($4.5M base salary + $1.5M pro rated portion of signing bonus + $450k in per game roster bonuses)
2023: $1.5M* dead cap hit (final portion of pro rated signing bonus that will be recognized against the cap after the contract voids after the 2022 season). [from Fieldgulls]

Absolute DEAL with these numbers IMO. Market must have been ice cold.

2 hours ago, animaltested said:

Full details

Chris Carson’s new deal with the Seahawks is a two-year, $10.425M deal with a $4.5M signing bonus and a $1m guaranteed 2021 salary. He has a $4.5M non-guaranteed 2022 salary and $450K in per-game roster bonuses in ‘22. Up to $1.4 incentives each year (rush yds, rec yds, TDs)

Absolute DEAL with these numbers IMO. Market must have been ice cold.

Wow I am loving these details. Less than Kenyan Drake from what I can tell and easy to get out of if necessary after 1 year.