Draft Rumors / Notes - Around the NFL

Texas_OutLaw7

41 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Dallas Cowboys right now: “We are really not into Patrick Surtain! Like, seriously everyone, no interest whatsoever in Partrick Surtain. Like, why would you trade up in front of us for Patrick Surtain, when we clearly have no interest in Patrick Surtain?”

I stand by my comparison of this draft to 2011 for us. Think this pick’s been penciled in for months.

Historically great defensive class pushes down top OT => (10 years later) => historically great offensive class pushes down top CB

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I stand by my comparison of this draft to 2011 for us. Think this pick’s been penciled in for months.

Historically great defensive class pushes down top OT => (10 years later) => historically great offensive class pushes down top CB

I agree, it all makes too much sense. Could see them departing from that plan only for Pitts, Sewell, or a really epic trade offer.

Increasing buzz that 4-6 could look like this:

ATL - Kyle Pitts   
Cincy - JaMarr Chase   
Miami - Jaylen Waddle

It kills the Pitts to Dallas dreams, but I actually think this would be a phenomenal start for us.

1) Keeping all three of those guys outside of the NFCE is a huge win.   

2) With 2 QBs still on the board, enough chaos could ensue from 7-9 to allow Sewell to slip through the cracks.

3) Even if not, that means one of the QBs is probably on the board at #10, opening up trade down options.

4) Failing #2 and #3, you get your pick of Surtain, Horn, and Slater.

12 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I guess I shouldn't be shocked with Waddle to Miami. But I am. 

Would love that to happen.  

We know they came up for a pass catcher. I think they expected it to be Chase or Pitts. But with those two gone, they'd have a decision to make. I wonder if they'd try to bail out of the top-10 again. Otherwise, I think it has to be Waddle or Smith.

1 minute ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Hahahaha, poor social media managers prepping for the draft and accidentally hitting the publish button.

But this isn't pulled out of thin air. I'd bet this is for Rashawn Slater, worried about the Eagles trading out to someone who wants to hop the Chargers for him. 

From CBS:

Cowboys seven-round NFL mock draft

1 (10)

Patrick Surtain, II, CB

Alabama

2 (44)

Ar'Darius Washington, S

TCU

3 (75)

Tyler Shelvin, iDL

LSU

3 (99)*

Dylan Moses, LB

Alabama

4 (115)

Walker Little, OT

Stanford

4 (138)*

Patrick Jones, II, EDGE

Pittsburgh

5 (179)*

Trey Hill, iOL

Georgia

6 (192)

Shakur Brown, CB

Michigan State

6 (227)*

Noah Gray, TE

Duke

7 (238)

Shawn Davis, S

Florida

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/cowboys-seven-round-nfl-mock-draft-dynamic-defense-heads-to-dallas-offense-gets-security-blankets/