Raiders sign WR Willie Snead

Turnobili

38 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Bull****. What holes at LB? We have 3 LB that have all shown quality stretches of NFL play. There is no Tahir whitehead getting play time anymore.

Ngakoue is top 5 in pressures in the NFL since 2016. Doing that despite being on 3 teams is actually even more impressive.

Interior DL has plenty of players who have shown ability. We can bring in a rookie too, but there is no signing we could have made that's any better than what we have. Rankins at best was a question mark like Jefferson/Thomas/Philon. And with a more extensive injury history than all of them.

Safety at worst will be better than last year because Heath made 3x as many plays as Harris did. Plus we can't possibly be done. Ditto with cornerback.

What were you expecting the Raiders to do? Sign a safety that wasn't even on the market? Sign a pro bowl defensive tackle who would never hit the market? 

They made smart, cost-effective signings. 

Nah apparently all our young players are busts because they haven't shown enough yet.

Morrow is average, Kwik is also an average MLB, Littleton has flashed on a team littered with talent and a fearsome pass rush.  Last year he was average at best with the talent surrounding him.  So we have a bunch of average LB's that hopefully dont get hurt because we have zero depth behind them.  

YN is good at rushing the passer but is on his 4th team in 2 years for a reason.  Our outside pass rush has improved but we still have nothing proven on the interior in terms of pass rush.  Until someone steps up's QB's will literally step up and have all day to pass.  

Our safety play was a disaster and so far we have signed nothing to make me think otherwise.  Our safeties are still terrible.

We had players like NA last year throwing a fit because we have no leadership, accountability and a terrible culture for a franchise that has 1 winning season in the last 20 years.  Heck we just signed a bum like Bill Sneed who is talking about coning in here and changing the culture.  You want to know what changes a teams culture?  It's really not rocket science, it's one simple word.... Winning and this team is still very far from being a team that is a legitimate winner.  You can attempt to sugar coat it all you want but no legit players want to come here and get their teeth kicked in every Sunday.  You can just look at our FA signings once again for proof.  

We could have signed an impact WR with our money, we didn't. We could have went after a potential #1 Cb in FA yet did nothing, we could have signed some Olineman other than average at best Martin and 38 year old RI (who I do like when healthy) abs we didn’t or couldn’t. We could have went after some decent talent with upside potential at LB and nothing.  

YOY it's the same trash that we hope pans out which rarely does but when they do, they hit the  road just like NA and Hudson did this offseason.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

During his rookie season he had 8 sacks and the Jaguars were one of the worst teams in the league. Their 2nd leading pass rusher had 6.5 sacks and they only had 33 total as a team. 

That was like 4 years ago. 

4 years ago, Andrew Luck was a franchise QB and considered ascendant. Ii don't care what someone did 4 years ago in isolation. 

It also doesn't dispute that he has played the vast majority of his career with far superior talent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Eh, both you and @Frankie2Gunzare right though. 

3 plays, we get a lucky 11-5 record. 

But how many plays were we away from a worse record? 

We had plenty of lucky bounces go our way. If Gregg Williams doesn't crap the bed, we're 7-9 with a loss to one of the worst teams I've ever seen. 

Exactly, the fact that we couldn't bury the Jets is a clear indication that this team was not even close to a legit playoff team.  

12 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Renfrow. Moreau. Isaiah Johnson if you give him an injury mulligan. 

I am all for an impact 3 technique. Are they just growing on trees? Same thing for impact free safeties.

Moreau 21 catches for 174 yards and 5 TDs.  TDs are good but not the rest.  Was not an impact player.

Renfrow 49 catches for 605 yards and 4 TDs.  Good #3 WR not an impact.

Johnson I will not even put his stats up.

I like all 3 players a lot and think they have some serious potential but the were not impact players.  Moreau got hosed for Witte last year and Renfrow will probably have the same thing happen with Snead this year.  The point was we can not expect to draft players and have them come in and change the team.  Now we may get lucky but the smart money says no.  Once again I am willing to bet my draft choices will have more of an impact on their teams then Gruden's.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Renfrow. Moreau. Isaiah Johnson if you give him an injury mulligan. 

I am all for an impact 3 technique. Are they just growing on trees? Same thing for impact free safeties.

Reed would be the best impact 3T on the market.  

YN - Hankins - Reed - Ferrell

YN - Reed - Ferrell - Crosby

22 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Exactly, the fact that we couldn't bury the Jets is a clear indication that this team was not even close to a legit playoff team.  

No its not, its just 1 game.  The Bucs lost 38-3 to the Saints, the Chiefs lost to us. They turned out ok in the playoffs.

Imo we are an average team, with bad luck we end with 5 wins, with good luck 9 and playoffs.

In extreme situations wewin just 2 or  we end up on fire right into the playoffs.

18 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

The list of superior talent Yannick has played with is extensive though. 

Jalen Ramsey, Josh Allen, Tyson Alualu, Pat Queen, Matt Judon, Calais Campbell, Marcus Peters, Harrison Smith, Eric Kendricks, Telvin Smith, Myles Jack, AJ Bouye, Paul Posluzny, Tasaun Gipson, Malik Jackson, Marlon  Humphrey.

Every single one of those guys is far, far, far superior than pretty much any player we've had at the same position (or at all for many lf them) on defense during Crosby's time with the team. 

The lone exception might be Mullen slightly ahead of Peters and Kwit being younger than Posluzny was. The rest, nobody on our defense the last few years can even hold a candle to. Practically none them were 1 year wonderkinds either with the exception of Queen who was a rookie. Virtually all of them were firmly established and entrenched starters chased down during FA as being among the best at their positions. 

That he has consistently played with superior talent than the Raiders have isn't really even a subjective opinion. At least 2 he played a bulk of his time are on HOF watch (Ramsey and Campbell) with Harrison Smith being closer to a HOF worthy career than not (I don't think he ultimately gets in, mind you). 

Particularly at LB, he's played with several guys who are already considered among ts best at their positions or are roundly projected to be the future of their position for the next 8-10 years. 

Thhe secondaries he's played with are light years ahead of ours. 

And his DL cohorts have all had more pass rush than the Raiders.

Yannick has never had to be the star of a bad defense. He's never been the sole, lone pass rush option. And he's 100% played his entire career with the benefit of far better talent around him than he currently has in Las Vegas.

What you’re saying isn’t false. But most of those players you mentioned have actually nothing to do with Ngakoue’s ability to rush the pass rusher and apply the pressure he has(Irrespective or scheme). Only players that really apply on the list you gave would be the defense of lineman he played with because those are the potential players he is directly effected by. Then why say that is because somebody can make the argument that because they played next to him on the D line, They could’ve been taking on double team or more attention allowing Ngakoue to get more pressures/sacks.  Those players would be Matt Judon Josh Allen Malik Jackson Tyson Alualu and Calais Campbell(who I think you forgot to mention).

I believe that Matt Judon is a benefactor of that ravens defense that perennially pumps out 3-4 edge rusher’s(which is why they never re-sign them). Put in a 4-3, I think Max Crosby would be better than him. Since Max Crosby has been in the NFL, Max Crosby has had more sack production than him.

When it comes to Josh Allen,  I believe he was a prime benefactor of playing next to Ngakoue and Calais Campbell his rookie year(I actually said that last year). Only time will tell if that’s true because he got hurt this year so we didn’t get to find out.

Tyson Alualu wasn’t even remotely good until he went to the Steelers(where he was decent but not anything spectacular)

Calais Campbell there’s no real argument there he’s a bona fide Baller lol

something important to note is that on the Vikings when he got traded there were no pass rush threat to be able to draw any attention from the defensive line Ngakoue still manage to get 4 sacks then he was traded midseason where he played in a 34 defense for the first time and also still have four sacks. 

so I do think he’s going to help us and that he’s going to push Max Crosby into the complementary role that he should be in allowing our pass rush to improve. Actually like a lot of the high potential interior rusher guys that are candidates to take the 3T spot also so that should also help the pass rush. We also don’t know if the Raiders are going to draft a pass rusher in the next two rounds so there could even be more help in the pass rush coming . I don’t think it’s all on Ngakoue. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The funny thing is no one was even panicking until we traded Hudson. 

LOL they were panicking before that. This made me laugh though 😭. No better way to put it is that no one had a reason to panic until we traded Hudson

Edited by Jeremy408

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I’m not gonna lie that’s true. We’re the only team the entire season they were able to run on. All of a sudden Adam Gase looks like an NFL player caller when he plays the Raiders

47 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

What I learned in the past 12 months is that every player the raiders have signed success with their former team is due to the players around him. 

That is the only rational reason why 95 percent of players have success elsewhere, come here and fail.  That is particularly obvious on our D that hasn't had a legit pass rush in well over a decade.  It's the trickle down effect where back end players look terrible because opposing Qb's are typically playing with a lead, have all day to sit back and pick us apart.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

What I learned in the past 12 months is that every player the raiders have signed success with their former team is due to the players around him. 

Crabtree, Cook, Agholor, Booker, Incognito, Hudson, Brown, and Kwit would disagree with this statement. 

18 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That is the only rational reason why 95 percent of players have success elsewhere, come here and fail.  That is particularly obvious on our D that hasn't had a legit pass rush in well over a decade.  It's the trickle down effect where back end players look terrible because opposing Qb's are typically playing with a lead, have all day to sit back and pick us apart.

On defense having a dominant DL, CB, or FS makes a world of a difference. A disruptive DL can blow up a game himself, commands double teams which frees up other DL and LB's from blocks, and also shortens the time that DB's have to hold up in coverage. A dominant cornerback can take away half of the field. And a dominant FS on the backend is a security blanket that can make up for the mistakes of other guys and gives the defensive coordinator the ability to take more risks with blitz, etc. 

That's why the Rams defense has been so good. Even when they lose guys their defense doesn't skip a beat. Because having Donald and Ramsey makes everyone else's jobs 100x easier. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

so I do think he’s going to help us and that he’s going to push Max Crosby into the complementary role that he should be in allowing our pass rush to improve. 

Crosby is going to play a lot and having him and Yannick both coming off of the edge is really going to help our pass rush. We just need our interior pass rush to be much better.