3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

8 minutes ago, 49ers fan said:

I really want Fields. If we take Lance, I will be ecstatic as well but only because we didn't take Jones. 

I’m with you, I would like Fields, but I also see the potential in Lance. I will be disappointed if we go with Jones and leave that potential there for other teams to gain from.

I think the thing that really puts Fields above it for me is that I expect Jimmy to start next season, but if we trade him before hand or if he is injured, I think Fields is far more prepared to step in and succeed than Lance. That is really the only thing that has me put Fields above Lance at this point

Edited by P_locniners
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

Things usually start getting leaked closer and closer to the draft. For example, i believe Darnold was the consensus #1 pick in all the mock drafts back in 2018 until a few days before the draft, when it became clear Mayfield was going to be the pick. I think this happens because more people (scouts, assistant coaches, assistant execs, etc) get informed who the pick/top target is going to be 

I'm sure at some point next week, a day or 2 before the draft, Shanny & Lynch will tell more people who we're drafting. 

But who knows, maybe its a mystery until the moment Goodell reads the name off the card. Since the first 2 picks are safe bets, its entirely upto Shanny & Lynch how they want to do this. 

Edited by 49ersfan

Just now, 49ersfan said:

Things usually start getting leaked closer and closer to the draft. For example, i believe Darnold was the consensus #1 pick in all the mock drafts back in 2018 until a few days earlier when it became clear Mayfield was going to be the pick. I think this happens because more people (scouts, assistant coaches, assistant execs, etc) get informed who the pick/top target is going to be 

I'm sure at some point next week, a day or 2 before the draft, Shanny & Lynch will tell more people who we're drafting. 

But who knows, maybe its a mystery until the moment Goodell reads the name off the card. Since the first 2 picks are safe bets, its entirely upto Shanny & Lynch how they want to do this. 

Yeah, Dorsey didn't tell anyone until there was like 3 days to go before the draft. Before that, it was Allen/Darnold

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

There will never be a lead up to a draft like this one

I think you are probably right on that. Not having a combine or any of the normal off-season activities really changed things this year. I just hope we don’t blow this. 

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, Dorsey didn't tell anyone until there was like 3 days to go before the draft. Before that, it was Allen/Darnold

I think our situation compares pretty well with the Browns actually. I looked up some mock drafts. Even 1-2 days before the draft, a lot of them had the Browns selecting Darnold. There's even comments like these...sound familiar? 

Sam Darnold, QB, USC. I'm pivoting back to Darnold for the Browns. I think it's the right choice, and I expect the Browns to ultimately settle on him. It's still tough to pin down which quarterback they have at the top of their list, but CBS Sports NFL insider Jason La Canfora is giving the edge to Darnold, so I will as well.

The Browns have kept us guessing for months. Various names surfaced as possibilities for the No. 1 pick, from Sam Darnold, to Saquon Barkley, to Josh Allen, and now to Baker Mayfield. 

The Browns could go with a dynamic playmaker in Baker Mayfield at this spot or succumb to the scintillating upside of Josh Allen—but I think they’ll choose the most complete signal-caller in the draft. Darnold has the size that teams covet, the arm strength to attack every level of the field, the escapability to get outside the pocket and keep plays alive, and, most important, the ability to throw with anticipation and accuracy, even in the face of pressure.

The Pick: QB Sam Darnold, USC

I felt good-ish about this pick until Thursday morning. When writing this on Monday, I would have said it's 50/50 down to Sam Darnold and Josh Allen. Now, on Thursday morning, it seems the intel is swinging to Darnold or Baker Mayfield

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

I think our situation compares pretty well with the Browns actually. I looked up some mock drafts. Even 1-2 days before the draft, a lot of them had the Browns selecting Darnold. There's even comments like these...sound familiar? 

The funny part about King is that he creates a mock against his own sources lol. He broke both the kinlaw and mcg info and didn't have us select either in his mock 😂