3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm pretty sure it's going to be Mac. Especially if he's the preferred choice of Mike, who still plays a prominent role on this team without being an actual employee (he has a video hook up where he gets all the data from practices and the like 30 minutes after they happen). 

With Ian, Schefty and Peter King all leaning that direction you can only push back so far. 

That was as definitive as it could get without actually saying they're gona pick Jones....

Welcome to the Bay, Mac. SMH

Well, hopefully he's Drew Brees 2.0 

Edited by 49ersfan

2 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

That was as definitive as it could get without actually saying they're gona pick Jones....

Welcome to the Bay, Mac. SMH

Well, hopefully he's Drew Brees 2.0 

Also makes me think the leaks have come from Mike. Or someone close to Mike. But I just want to remind everyone this could be old info. From when we made the trade, Kyle and Mike can love him doesn't mean he's the pick. Lol 🤣 I'm trying to not be negative on the Mac stuff. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

I'm pretty sure it's going to be Mac. Especially if he's the preferred choice of Mike, who still plays a prominent role on this team without being an actual employee (he has a video hook up where he gets all the data from practices and the like 30 minutes after they happen). 

With Ian, Schefty and Peter King all leaning that direction you can only push back so far. 

SMH....you just couldn't let me live the dream until next Thursday could you???

Let Me In Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

I've said since the beginning that I'm not going to believe all this noise until it is read out by Roger Goodell. I'm sticking with it. I certainly think Mac could be the pick, but I'm hoping it's Fields. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I've said since the beginning that I'm not going to believe all this noise until it is read out by Roger Goodell. I'm sticking with it. I certainly think Mac could be the pick, but I'm hoping it's Fields. 

I agree I'm still hopeful that it's Fields. Ian said he thinks they used the prodays to confirm what they thought on the person they traded up for. Mac doesn't excel in a proday environment and Kyle has put alot of work on Lance and Fields prodays. They didn't do any of that with Mac tho. So idk. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

6 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Oh, I'll definitely hope that it's Fields, but truthfully, that "mike shanahan is a big fan" kind of broke me with regards to really thinking that he would be a pick. I think that is such a huge, huge deal still. Daddy is still very much in Kyle's hip constantly. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LIS, the leak is either Mike Shanahan or Jones' agent!! Maybe it was both lol.

But nope, still buying it. Lance or Fields.

Fields is still what makes the most sense to me from so many different avenues. All the little stuff to me (and big stuff lol) points to him for me...but at some point, I have to admit that the guys of the league simply know more / know better than I do in terms of what is going on and I'm clearly overvaluing some things. I seriously cannot wrap my head around the idea of Mac Jones at 3. Like seriously, can't do it. I legitimately don't understand. It's like giving me something written in farsi and asking me to read it. 

Kudos to you for staying strong. I will send you what strength I have. 

• Like 3

I still am where I was at before, if it is Mac at 3 I lose all respect for the Shanahans.

Still think it is one of the other two though Fields or Lance just because of that fact. Not that they care about my respect but the rest of the leagues.

Edited by Ftn49
  • Like 2

Fields is still what makes the most sense to me from so many different avenues. All the little stuff to me (and big stuff lol) points to him for me...but at some point, I have to admit that the guys of the league simply know more / know better than I do in terms of what is going on and I'm clearly overvaluing some things. I seriously cannot wrap my head around the idea of Mac Jones at 3. Like seriously, can't do it. I legitimately don't understand. It's like giving me something written in farsi and asking me to read it. 

Kudos to you for staying strong. I will send you what strength I have. 

Nothing has changed for me to be honest. And I predicted none of these guys would get off the Jones train.......Since there was no reason to get out of the Jones train. They aren't going to hear any confirmation one way or another, so whatever was leaked out weeks ago is all they have to go off of.

I'll admit though, if I didn't initially predict Lance, I'd probably change it to Fields now lol..........BUT, I'm still staying strong until the end:

Lance - 50

Fields - 40

Jones - 10

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nothing has changed for me to be honest. And I predicted none of these guys would get off the Jones train.......Since there was no reason to get out of the Jones train. They aren't going to hear any confirmation one way or another, so whatever was leaked out weeks ago is all they have to go off of.

I'll admit though, if I didn't initially predict Lance, I'd probably change it to Fields now lol..........BUT, I'm still staying strong until the end:

Lance - 50

Fields - 40

Jones - 10

Idk why I personally think Lance isnt the pick. I think it's between Fields and Mac. 

• Like 1

I have a hard time believing Mike would spill the beans about who Kyle likes. Maybe Mike likes him and has some pull with Kyle, or maybe not. I just really don't believe he would go out and announce that he or Kyle were high on Mac if he thought Kyle was eyeing him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lance - 50

Fields - 40

Jones - 10

Funny, I'm actually stronger on Lance than I was a week ago. Just the whole better in the short game, comes from a more closely related offense, and young and thus more malleable things.

4 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

I think he has a better arm then Jimmy and Mullens, thats not saying much tho. 

Mullen's arm is a noodle. But except out of necessessity he is not a starter Jimmy is one of the guys I'd consider as having a weaker arm. But there aren't a lot of them out there.

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

I have a hard time believing Mike would spill the beans about who Kyle likes. Maybe Mike likes him and has some pull with Kyle, or maybe not. I just really don't believe he would go out and announce that he or Kyle were high on Mac if he thought Kyle was eyeing him. 

But someone close to Mike might have, this also could be fake and Mike is the one moving it. Lol 

• Like 1