3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

Peter Schrager mock draft from this morning.

Pick
San Francisco 49ers
San Francisco 49ers

Mac Jones
Alabama · QB

We're less than two weeks away and I'm still feeling Mac Jones is the guy. I'm told the 49ers still have not made a decision and continue to do their work on all three quarterback prospects who would be available: Jones, Justin Fields and Trey Lance. Jones had one of the greatest college football seasons we've seen in recent years, and pro scouts like him a lot -- even if the pundits do not.

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/peter-schrager-2021-nfl-mock-draft-2-0-cardinals-patriots-trade-up-for-alabama-r?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:
Peter Schrager mock draft from this morning.

Pick
San Francisco 49ers
San Francisco 49ers

Mac Jones
Alabama · QB

We're less than two weeks away and I'm still feeling Mac Jones is the guy. I'm told the 49ers still have not made a decision and continue to do their work on all three quarterback prospects who would be available: Jones, Justin Fields and Trey Lance. Jones had one of the greatest college football seasons we've seen in recent years, and pro scouts like him a lot -- even if the pundits do not.

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/peter-schrager-2021-nfl-mock-draft-2-0-cardinals-patriots-trade-up-for-alabama-r?__twitter_impression=true

I believe it that they haven't made their final decision. But after seeing all the QBs live in action and after interviewing them through zoom, a decision will likely be made soon. 

I love how McShay keeps saying Jones and then will hedge it by saying it doesn't seem right for some reason… Like come on now lol. If it doesn't seem right then man up and go with your gut. 

8 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

I went looking for the video of Scangarello saying play it cool to Justin Fields. Well it's been deleted off of Ohio state Football twitter account. 

You can find it on YouTube

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I believe it that they haven't made their final decision. But after seeing all the QBs live in action and after interviewing them through zoom, a decision will likely be made soon. 

I love how McShay keeps saying Jones and then will hedge it by saying it doesn't seem right for some reason… Like come on now lol. If it doesn't seem right then man up and go with your gut. 

Dj has been saying that for weeks. It doesn't make sense to a lot of those guys, but it's what they are hearing

I really want to see what Bucky brooks does. Last I heard, he doesn't have Mac as a first round prospect. Going to be hilarious if he mocks him at 3

Just now, Forge said:

Dj has been saying that for weeks. It doesn't make sense to a lot of those guys, but it's what they are hearing

I really want to see what Bucky brooks does. Last I heard, he doesn't have Mac as a first round prospect. Going to be hilarious if he mocks him at 3

Nah, Bucky won't mock Jones at #3. I've heard him on numerous radio spots and he thinks it is Lance or Fields. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Could not hear what he said but why is this being made a big deal? 

People think he tells Justin "play it cool", as though we told him he was the pick. I will admit it does sound a lot like that, but I'm not positive

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

People think he tells Justin "play it cool", as though we told him he was the pick. I will admit it does sound a lot like that, but I'm not positive

That's probably reference to the fist pump/hug knowing how people would take it. Doubt they would tell Fields he is the pick there.

Nah, think Niners twitter is once again.............reaching lol. 

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's probably reference to the fist pump/hug knowing how people would take it. Doubt they would tell Fields he is the pick there.

Nah, think Niners twitter is once again.............reaching lol. 

They are definitely reaching. That being said, they told bosa he would be the pick at the combine, so there is prior precedent for such an action, so I at least understand the conspiracy theory this time 😂