3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Thru are definitely reaching. That being said, they told bosa he would be the pick at the combine, so there is prior precedent for such an action, so I say least understand the conspiracy theory this time šŸ˜‚

I think it's probably a little far fetched that they told Fields when they still had Lance's pro-day coming up. Not only had they not seen everyone, but Fields and Lance are also training together, so that seems like some info that could easily leak out if they told Fields.Ā 

5 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I think it's probably a little far fetched that they told Fields when they still had Lance's pro-day coming up. Not only had they not seen everyone, but Fields and Lance are also training together, so that seems like some info that could easily leak out if they told Fields.Ā 

A little too conspiracy theory for me. Even if he did say it, impossible to say what he was talking aboutĀ 

9 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I love how Kyle is just talking it up with Ryan Day and Lynch is as close as he can be to Fields to left watching.Ā 

If you take all the little stuff in a vacuum, Fields seems like he would be the pick. But it's really hard to know what anyone is thinking.Ā 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

If you take all the little stuff in a vacuum, Fields seems like he would be the pick. But it's really hard to know what anyone is thinking.Ā 

Yeah everything just adds up but the Mac and cheese stuff keeps leaking out everywhere. Time to become lactose.Ā 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's probably reference to the fist pump/hug knowing how people would take it. Doubt they would tell Fields he is the pick there.

Nah, think Niners twitter is once again.............reaching lol.Ā 

I'm rolling with this tbh. I'm messaging all my non 49er friends making Mac memes and showing them this. That'll teach them.Ā 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Want to know the wild thing? If we do take Mac, he's probably going to be seen as a top 2 QB in this class and better than others put in worse situations...Even though they may be more talented than him lol.Ā 

I've been saying that for a while. He's going to have to be really bad in order for the pick to bust. Most quarterbacks are their situations.Ā 

That's also why there is merit to the selection for Kyle from a job security standpoint. He will point and click and do enough to keep the team competitive and you can survive a loooooooooooooooong time in that area if you're a head coach.Ā 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

lol Steven Ruiz is not a fan.Ā 

He did this last year for Burrow too, refers to him as "baby arm burrow" all the time. I don't think he's a fan of guys that lack physical traits.Ā 

I think Mac's arm is better then Burrow tbh.Ā 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

You don't think this is a strong arm?Ā 

Ā 

Mac's arm is better but this actually an argument for why taking Fields/Lance is the play here. Burrow did a lot of similar things to Jones in college but just doesn't have the arm to ever be elite...Opposed to Herbert who had more inconsistent college tape but has a rocket arm and clearly was the best rookie in the game...Tua is another example of someone with good college tape but not a high level arm that holds him back.

A lot of people bring up Brady when talking about arm talent, but his arm is MUCH better than folks think...And he simply put has the greatest football mind ever so comparing anyone to him is just stupid.Ā 

• Like 1