3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

I wonder if Kyle is going to work Fields out privately. I'm not sure what the regulations are regarding this due to Covid, but he did say that he talked to Fields agent who said that they'd get to see him throw; he didn't mention anything about the school having an additional pro day. 

17 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I wonder if Kyle is going to work Fields out privately. I'm not sure what the regulations are regarding this due to Covid, but he did say that he talked to Fields agent who said that they'd get to see him throw; he didn't mention anything about the school having an additional pro day. 

Don't think private workouts are aloud but maybe they get Beck to put something together or something like that instead of Ohio State.

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Don't think private workouts are aloud but maybe they get Beck to put something together or something like that instead of Ohio State.

I was pretty sure we couldn't bring players in for private workouts, but I didn't know if we could work them out privately if it was at a place like the players facility. I'd be interested to see how that is handled. 

Just now, GW21 said:

I was pretty sure we couldn't bring players in for private workouts, but I didn't know if we could work them out privately if it was at a place like the players facility. I'd be interested to see how that is handled. 

From what i heard private workouts in general aren't aloud so it has to be a "open" event where other evaluators can go too.

• Like 1

Just now, Justone2 said:

From what i heard private workouts in general aren't aloud so it has to be a "open" event where other evaluators can go too.

The reason I brought this up was that Shanahan and Lynch are supposedly on their way to Columbus. Seems odd that they'd head that way unless Fields was getting ready to work out again in short order. I know Mac Jones' two pro-days were a week a part. That's where my curiosity regarding this came from. 

Just now, GW21 said:

The reason I brought this up was that Shanahan and Lynch are supposedly on their way to Columbus. Seems odd that they'd head that way unless Fields was getting ready to work out again in short order. I know Mac Jones' two pro-days were a week a part. That's where my curiosity regarding this came from. 

Yeah don't understand that completely. Only thing it could be is that they want to talk with the guys that where there as soon as possible in person to get their thoughts or something.

5 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Yeah don't understand that completely. Only thing it could be is that they want to talk with the guys that where there as soon as possible in person to get their thoughts or something.

I think there has got to be something else going on. I don't know why a person would fly across country to talk to someone that works in the same area in person when they could do a zoom or something. 

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

I think there has got to be something else going on. I don't know why a person would fly across country to talk to someone that works in the same area in person when they could do a zoom or something. 

Yeah no doubt maybe he wants to talk with guys surrounding Fields(believe in person interviews are also not aloud) like John Beck and Ryan Day. Who knows with this staff really. 

18 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't see him throw a second time. Adam saw him throw, and Kyle is a film rat. I wouldn't be shocked if the meeting in columbus is more geared toward other stuff. But if we get to see him throw again, all the better. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

lol 

Honestly not an easy throw to hit the ceiling that far. But no doubt Fields looked more impressive(mostly expected). Even though i think Fields over and underthrew some of his passes the big ones no doubt are something Jones can only dream off.

Edited by Justone2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't see him throw a second time. Adam saw him throw, and Kyle is a film rat. I wouldn't be shocked if the meeting in columbus is more geared toward other stuff. But if we get to see him throw again, all the better. 

What we be the point of doing it in Columbus though? You could have that meeting over Zoom. Everyone could meet back where they live. I know they have some other pro days they probably want to attend and maybe that's a good connecting point, but I don't really buy that. It seems like we are going there to see Fields to me. 

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

What we be the point of doing it in Columbus though? You could have that meeting over Zoom. Everyone could meet back where they live. I know they have some other pro days they probably want to attend and maybe that's a good connecting point, but I don't really buy that. It seems like we are going there to see Fields to me. 

Whiteboard? Not sure if we can do that but I dunno