NFL expected to add 17th regular season game, starting in 2021, 4 extra international games starting in 2022

Broncofan

Typical overreactions by players. Why don't they see how everything goes before just going "it's dumb as hell". And it drives me crazy sometimes how much players cry about changes. They are lucky to be paid so much to play a game. And especially after 2020, with so many people losing their jobs, or just losing some income in some fashion. The NFL faired very well, obviously playing all games, players get all their salary, though the owners lose out on millions or whatever. And here they are, crying about one more game to the regular season. Which will most likely mean a higher salary. Ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I still can't believe the NFLPA let this happen.  SMH

NFLPA is mostly players on rookies deals (4 years x 256 players ) and UDFA contract players.  Subtract 10-15% of those rookie contract players.  Do something around 1000 players which is over 50% of the  total players in the league.   More games for those players means more opportunities to showcase abilities for a better contract.

Owners know the road to passing things in the CBA is from the bottom up.  Raise the league minimum and bottom salary players as they make up the largest % of the NFLPA player pool.

2 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

Typical overreactions by players. Why don't they see how everything goes before just going "it's dumb as hell". And it drives me crazy sometimes how much players cry about changes. They are lucky to be paid so much to play a game. And especially after 2020, with so many people losing their jobs, or just losing some income in some fashion. The NFL faired very well, obviously playing all games, players get all their salary, though the owners lose out on millions or whatever. And here they are, crying about one more game to the regular season. Which will most likely mean a higher salary. Ridiculous. 

Looool this is so stupid.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

This is a really shallow argument that doesn't hold weight. It suggests that money solves all problems, which to use your own vernacular, is ridiculous. Especially when you consider that most NFL players make $860,000 a year. Sure, you have your elite players who make much much much more, but they are the few, not the many. This effects everyone in the NFL and the "they make enough money their opinions dont matter" argument is just wrong morally, prejudice, and above all ignorant. These are still people and this greatly effects their lives both short and long term. They are allowed to have feelings and to voice them. Their opinions are valid regardless of their income. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The Jets almost killed me last year, if I had to watch one more game I might have been done. Imagine being 1-15 next year and saying thank God its over and then BOOM you're back watching next Sunday.

I actually enjoyed watching them down the stretch.