• Droptellus Bennett
    • Mike Daniels
    • Patrick Lucas
    • Nick Perry
    • John Ulrick
    • Jordy Nelson
    • Jeremy McCray

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

If GB wins this game, I'd expect the RB's to play a big part of it.  I doubt it will happen anytime soon, but I'd really like to see the Monty as RB1 experiment end.  Give Jones the bulk of the RB workload.

Is Jones big enough to take that pounding?  

Honestly, people hate Monty for some reason as the RB1, but he really fits well in this offense and he's going to excel even more IMO with Hundley. 

Yea he's not AP running between the tackles like a traditional RB1 (though with our full healthy line he was doing pretty well in chunks), but he is more talented at passblocking, and going out for short routes and dumpoffs. Two things that will be critical for Hundley to do well. I think he'll be the safety valve in combo with Bennett, or we're going to see more screens/sweeps to take advantage of his skillset.

Jones is talented for sure, but at least while Hundley is unproven, and may stay unproven as a passer, he will be limited by opposing defenses knowing there's a large chance of a run up the middle.

2 minutes ago, hsfolk said:

NO has a rookie first-round tackle, Ryan Ramczyk from Wisconsin that really could've helped the Packers o-line a lot 

Yeah drafting a backup in the first round would have been a great idea.

Archived