Roy Williams is retiring from North Carolina

August4th

If they settle for Hubert Davis, nothing changes. That and I don't want a damn assistant. You don't just hand an assistant arguably the best job in college basketball. Go outside "the family" and get a good coach. There's no reason we need to settle for Wes Miller, Hubert Davis, Jerod Haase or Jerry Stackhouse. Those should all be secondary options after you reach out to the big fish, not primary guys right from the start. If it comes down to them, Wes Miller should get the job.

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

If they settle for Hubert Davis, nothing changes. That and I don't want a damn assistant. You don't just hand an assistant arguably the best job in college basketball. Go outside "the family" and get a good coach. There's no reason we need to settle for Wes Miller, Hubert Davis, Jerod Haase or Jerry Stackhouse. Those should all be secondary options after you reach out to the big fish, not primary guys right from the start. If it comes down to them, Wes Miller should get the job.

how bout kevin steele?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I know, they want to stay in the family but this is arguably the top job in all of college basketball. They’d be doing themselves a major disservice by just sticking to Carolina guys.

I feel the same way with Coach K and Duke. 

Make Mark Few, Jay Wright and Brad Stevens say no...at the very least. Then reach out to guys like Scott Drew (not a fan but he's a top tier coach), Dana Altman, John Beilein (tho he's already 68) and make them say no. That's just off the top of my head.

EDIT - Actually, no, I don't want Scott Drew. Keep his *** at Baylor. Make Bill Self tell ya no.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Make Mark Few, Jay Wright and Brad Stevens say no...at the very least. Then reach out to guys like Scott Drew (not a fan but he's a top tier coach), Dana Altman, John Beilein (tho he's already 68) and make them say no. That's just off the top of my head.

EDIT - Actually, no, I don't want Scott Drew. Keep his *** at Baylor. Make Bill Self tell ya no.

Exactly. This is UNC, not NC State. Aim high for the top guys.

Wes Miller is a nice coach but I can’t help but feel they could’ve got someone better if he’s the guy. And if it’s Hubert...yikes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

Exactly. This is UNC, not NC State. Aim high for the top guys.

Wes Miller is a nice coach but I can’t help but feel they could’ve got someone better if he’s the guy. And if it’s Hubert...yikes.

I can live with Wes Miller. At least he built his own program. Stackhouse has proven nothing yet, Haase is a .500 coach and Hubert Davis would just be a much, much worse version of Roy's system. If Roy felt like he couldn't coach in today's game or that he wasn't the guy for the job anymore, then why would his top assistant, who does the same thing, be the answer? Makes no sense.