News/Info on current WFT Players

ARTMONK HOF

4 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

If it comes down to it, some of you guys would trade this man! WHY! 

Only because we feel we’ll have to trade him, not because we want to trade him. No one wants to lose any of our DL to free agency but we can’t pay them all $12-20 million a year and field the rest of our team bc of the salary cap.

Deciding which of the DL not to re-sign w/in the next 5 years is the hardest decision this franchise has had to make since the Kirk Cousins situation. Jon Allen just happens to be lucky bc he’s the first one up for a re-up, but he’s also a leader on that DL & total D. You can cast that off as not that big of a deal but I don’t, this franchise has been devoid of true leaders who are accountable since the days London Fletcher.

Edited by turtle28

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

😂 I love this signing! There’s your #2 TE folks. 

Speechless- seems to me he's the def. of J A G . Maybe you were being facetious . Hard to tell but the funny face  laughing ? I'm going with the latter .

6 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Speechless- seems to me he's the def. of J A G . Maybe you were being facetious . Hard to tell but the funny face  laughing? I'm going with the latter .

I didn’t mean to put a 😂 

Seals-Jones has proven more than any of our TEs but Logan Thomas who just proved last year he could be a starter after years in the league. Seals-Jones was a good WR at Texas A&M that was moved to TE bc of his size and he didn’t have good to great speed. He’s found a role as a receiver in that role but he’s not a starter for sure. I mean some of us have talked about moving AGG or Harmon to TE, well we just signed RSJ who already did that successfully.

I think it’s telling that a week after the rookie mini camp and a day of OTA practice that they sign a TE. That says a lot about what they think of the depth at TE.

I mean, it’s almost like some people have been saying this for two years! 😂 

14 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

We still have to sign our rookies, I believe that will take up around $7-10 million so we really have around $10 mil in cap space at most. 

If they extend Jon Allen, that creates some more space, maybe as much as $5 mil also, if they trade Scherff or he finally agrees to our contract offer that will create another $5 to $10 million in cap space.

I guess we’ll see what they can do in the next 6 weeks on those fronts.

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

We still have to sign our rookies, I believe that will take up around $7-10 million so we really have around $10 mil in cap space at most. 

If they extend Jon Allen, that creates some more space, maybe as much as $5 mil also, if they trade Scherff or he finally agrees to our contract offer that will create another $5 to $10 million in cap space.

I guess we’ll see what they can do in the next 6 weeks on those fronts.

All our rookies are signed. We did that before any other team and signed every one the same day

• Like 1

On 5/26/2021 at 4:04 AM, turtle28 said:

Only because we feel we’ll have to trade him, not because we want to trade him. No one wants to lose any of our DL to free agency but we can’t pay them all $12-20 million a year and field the rest of our team bc of the salary cap.

Deciding which of the DL not to re-sign w/in the next 5 years is the hardest decision this franchise has had to make since the Kirk Cousins situation. Jon Allen just happens to be lucky bc he’s the first one up for a re-up, but he’s also a leader on that DL & total D. You can cast that off as not that big of a deal but I don’t, this franchise has been devoid of true leaders who are accountable since the days London Fletcher.

If you’re going to field journeymen QBs then yes, you better pay the strong suit of your team. The issue is this team, for whatever reason it may be, refuses to get ahead of deals. They should be looking to pay Allen and Payne now. Ioannidis is on a friendly deal so I’d look to deal him before the deadline if he’s playing like he’s capable. 

And this further highlights the issues I spoke about when it came to drafting a QB. Fielding an elite defense is awesome but it’s a very, very small window before you start losing all of your talent. The only way to stay competitive long term is to find a franchise QB. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If you’re going to field journeymen QBs then yes, you better pay the strong suit of your team. The issue is this team, for whatever reason it may be, refuses to get ahead of deals. They should be looking to pay Allen and Payne now. Ioannidis is on a friendly deal so I’d look to deal him before the deadline if he’s playing like he’s capable. 

And this further highlights the issues I spoke about when it came to drafting a QB. Fielding an elite defense is awesome but it’s a very, very small window before you start losing all of your talent. The only way to stay competitive long term is to find a franchise QB. 

I do agree with this as far as getting ahead on deals. It allows you future flexibility. I also agree we need to find a future QB next year. But there’s cheaper ways to do it and if we do it right we can keep the biggger core of the defense together longer so the QB while cheap we can retool the defense for the future when his deal comes along.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2021 at 2:44 PM, lavar703 said:

I agree with your point about QB.

I don’t think we should keep both Payne & Allen, they need to choose one of the two. It’s much more important to keep Chase & Tez to me. It’s easier to find a good DT than it is to find DEs with Chase & Tez’s All-Pro potential. Our DTs are good, but none are what I’d consider great.

It’s a tough decision and I wouldn’t want to make it but IMO will they should trade Allen or Payne and re-sign Settle for cheaper. Then, draft a DT to develop in the mid rounds next year like they did with Settle 4 years ago. 

Edited by turtle28