Noooo. .... Anyone but him

cannondale

On 4/26/2021 at 1:36 PM, hitnhope said:

Rashod Bateman-  Looks average.  Not worth 1st round pick.   OK in 2nd

Dont want Cosmi, Leatherwood or Raddunz

Dont want a safety, IOL, TE or god forbid a QB in round 1

Want to invest in players that have a chance to help us next year in the early rounds.   Dont want a draft aimed at replacing good players two years down the line rather than getting better in 2021.

So you want the best OT left on the board at 29. Makes sense. Me I want the best playmaker on the board at 29. Draft OT and CB in rounds 2 and 3. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

So you want the best OT left on the board at 29. Makes sense. Me I want the best playmaker on the board at 29. Draft OT and CB in rounds 2 and 3. 

and who are you going to get at OT that's plug and play? Those guys will all be off the board by pick 50 if not before our pick depending on whether or not we trade up for someone.

Edited by Joe

36 minutes ago, Joe said:

and who are you going to get at OT that's plug and play? Those guys will all be off the board by pick 50 if not before our pick depending on whether or not we trade up for someone.

Get Brady Christensen in the 2nd round and he's going to be as good (or better) year 1 than a lot of the guys at the bottom of round 1. I know he's 24 but he's the definition of "plug-n-play" 

32 minutes ago, Joe said:

Don't agree that they need an OT to start right away and don't think the Packers think that way either. Gutes had zero urgency that he has to shore up any position in his press conference. This got to have a OT/CB/WR or any other position is not living in Gutes head, only in the head of some fans.    

I don't know how anyone can look at how we lose year after year in the playoffs and want a 1st round WR. Or take Bakh out of our starting OL for a couple of weeks and still want a 1st round WR. Or see the surplus of Pro Bowlers we've drafted in rounds 2-3 and still want a 1st round receiver.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't want anyone at pick 29 other that doesn't play one of the positions below:

Defense

OT

You can pretty much say this every year, regardless of team need, unless your team is in need of a QB, you obviously add that as well. It's proven you can get studs at WR, RB, IOL, TE in day 2-3.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Our last three first round picks at WR have averaged about 8500 yards, 60TDs, and 5 Pro Bowls for their careers. 

I'd take that. 

Yes, 3 of them in 47 years. Sounds like they know when to jump in and not annually chase after fools gold.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't know how anyone can look at how we lose year after year in the playoffs and want a 1st round WR. Or take Bakh out of our starting OL for a couple of weeks and still want a 1st round WR. Or see the surplus of Pro Bowlers we've drafted in rounds 2-3 and still want a 1st round receiver.

It's the Madden generation. They will always find a reason to want a WR/RB or a Tua in the First and will always point out how Josh Sitton was picked in the 4th. And defense is never mentioned

Edited by cannondale

26 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Our last three first round picks at WR have averaged about 8500 yards, 60TDs, and 5 Pro Bowls for their careers. 

I'd take that. 

if stats won super bowls that would be great

3 wins and 5 losses in the playoffs.  5 playoff seasons in 24 seasons played

Granted, not an individual sport, but W /L and playoff success not good