Post Your Final Pick 17 Big Board

BayRaider

Post your Final Big Board for Pick 17. Realistic Prospects you think at least have a slim chance of being there. Obviously no Lawrence, Sewell, Chase, etc. 

I'm posting eleven prospects which might be overkill, but I like to be prepared, unlike Jon and Mike. They clearly were not prepared what so ever when AJ Terrell came off the board at 16 (or they are just incompetent...).

BayRaider Pick 17 Final Big Board:

1. LB Micah Parsons

parsons.jpg

Micah Parsons is my 6th Ranked player in this draft, a universal Top 12 player in the draft, and I really do think he will become the next great LB in the NFL. He can play the run well, he tackles well, he can blitz, and he's probably a Top 3 athlete in the entire class. His range is insane, and he's pretty nasty as well. He does need to work on coverage, but every report I've read on him feels confident he'll have no problem adding that to his game considering how much of a freak athlete he is. This man has the potential to make our defense elite (with more pieces besides him of course). 

2. OT Christian Darrisaw

darrisaw.jpg

My 12th Ranked player in the draft and 2nd overall OT. I think Darrisaw will become a Franchise RT in the NFL, and you can even start him as left as well if you really wanted to. He is the most technically sound OT in the draft and absolutely flawless technique. He was also the best pass protector in college football, and also a really good run blocker as well. I've heard some people call Darrisaw the most "boring" player in the draft, and in my opinion, that's a good thing. Give me a boring great player, instead of the flashy-inconsistent "mean streak" player all day long. Also, Darrisaw's character is A+. I'd actually say second best character on my rankings behind #3 on my list coming up here. 

3. CB Caleb Farley

farley.jpg

Best Corner in the draft for me. Would be a Top 5 Player if not for his medicals. I have him Ranked 9th with the medical concerns. Legit Low 4.4 Speed. Absolutely great coverage. Ball skills are A+ stuff, best Ball Skills Corner to come out in a while. He can mirror routes since he was a former Wide Receiver. And his recovery speed is insane. Really, I've never scouted a corner like him before. He's absolutely tremendous. Legit CB1, and a super good CB1. As for the medicals, there's a lot of "smoke" going around that he's had two back surgery's because he re-injured, when in reality, the second back surgery was always going to happen. The first back surgery was to repair his L5 while the second back surgery was to repair his S1. They wanted to see if the S1 would heal on its own. Most players recover from S1 surgery without their backs ever bothering them again. Back problems being a chronic issue is a "myth". Also, Farley probably has the best character of the whole draft, great guy. 

4. CB Patrick Surtain II

surtain.jpg

I think Surtain is clearly a lesser CB Prospect than Farley, but he's still a solid CB Prospect. He's as polished and technically sound as almost any CB that has ever come out. He's been coached at this position his entire life since a kid, and has become a master at the craft. However, I do worry slightly about his long-speed, especially with speedy teams like the Chiefs and Broncos in our division. Definitely a 4.53ish guy on tape. Does kind of suck we didn't have a combine this year. He also can't seem to cover a slant to save his life, but I hope solid DB coaching will correct that. He's also great in run defense which Gruden and Mike would love. He's a CB1 on majority of teams in the NFL. 

5. OT/C Rashawn Slater

slater.jpg

Personally I think Slater projects more as a Top Tier Center in the NFL, but I also think he'll be an Above-Average OT at either Tackle spot. He is a very safe prospect and if worst comes to worst, he would basically be our Center. We need some OL in a big way and Slater is a Top 15 player in this class. 

6. S Trevon Moehrig

moehrig.jpg

Moehrig is a prospect I go back and forth with due to long speed issues and needing to get better in run support. With that said, he should be a very solid starting FS. He has solid Single-High, great ball skills, great zone coverage, great man coverage, and solid awareness. Some project him as a SS due to his long speed limitations, but I think he'll do just fine at FS. He should be in a scheme where the FS/SS are rotated routinely throughout the game and both starting safety's can play both positions. Moehrig gives us that center-fielder we have needed for a long time. 

7. OT Samuel Cosmi

cosmi.jpg

Some will disagree with this one but Cosmi is a player that has grown on me lately. He should be a very solid starting RT in the NFL. He's super athletic, tremendous run blocker, and also a very solid pass protector. He shut down some pretty big names in college football. Cosmi is a rare OT prospect that starts day one with no growing pains at all, a true plug and play. His comp is Kolton Miller, but shorter arms and more polished. I think Cosmi is a Late 1st Round Talent. 

8. EDGE Jayson Oweh

oweh.jpg

Oweh's draft position is all over in this draft. Personally, I think he's going Top 20. Perhaps the most athletic player of the draft. His zero sacks does not bother me, and he looks very good to me on tape. I see him as JPP 2.0. I don't think he'll ever be as good as JPP, but I see him well worth the risk and investment. Gruden and Mike need to start taking more risks, and if Oweh booms, he's a Top 5-10 player of the class. Yannick and Oweh on the EDGE would be pretty amazing. Oweh is my #1 EDGE player in this class. 

9. LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

jok.jpg

I do worry about JOK's thin frame and overall 215lb weight. I prefer my LB's to be at least 230. However, there is no denying JOK's pretty crazy hybrid ability. He is very good in coverage and has solid awareness. He can cover TE's and RB's and also can do zone coverage. He's also not a bad run defender. Basically a very solid chess piece for DC's, especially Gus Bradley who loves this type of LB.

10. EDGE Kwity Paye

ANN-ARBOR-MICHIGAN-NOVEMBER-17-Kwity-Pay

Paye is my #2 EDGE of this class and I'd love to have him. He has the potential to be absolutely nasty in the NFL, and is already a good player as it is. I do worry that he could end up a better version of Clelin Ferrell, so he definitely does involve some risk. 

11. EDGE/LB Azeez Ojulari

ojulari.jpg

Ojulari is a bit of a hybrid player, I can see him playing both SLB and DE. I would hope he'd eventually be a full time DE starter, but he's another player that involves some risk. Ojulari is an absolutely tremendous athlete, and played very good football against the toughest teams in college. He's battle tested and proven, although still needs to get much better. 

I'd be pretty happy with the first ten players above. I'd be slightly underwhelmed with Ojulari, but still happy. And unlike some Raider fans, I still think Outside CB is a huge, huge need for this football team. 

Players I'd avoid at Pick 17:

- Teven Jenkins

This one probably gets me some dislikes, but I view Jenkins as a guard. I feel he gets over hyped because he has a mean streak and plays nasty football. He has a lot to be coached on. He needs to clean up technique, especially footwork. He could be a decent RT one day, but definitely a guard on day one. 

- Alijah Vera-Tucker

Love this guy. Love him. Don't want a guard in the 1st Round. 

- Jaycee Horn

Bit of an overrated prospect. My 28th player. Similar to Gladney last year where he gets very grabby, and also a lot of penalties. He's gonna commit quite a few penalties in the NFL. Also has pretty average speed. Another player that gets slightly overrated because he's "aggressive". I'd be fine with him if we traded back to the end of the 1st Round, but I don't want him at 17. 

- Jaelan Philips

His medicals scare me, much more than Farley. Prone to concussions which are unpredictable and non-fixable. He's just prone to them. Also, a forced-retirement already is a red flag. At #48, I'd run to the podium, but not at #17. If we traded down to #30 or something, I'd highly consider him. 

- Zaven Collins

Boom or Bust Small School Prospect. I'd stay far, far away in the 1st Round. At #48, sure. 

- Christian Barmore

Huge reach, in my opinion. Barmore should be selected in the second round. 

Edited by BayRaider

1. Teven Jenkins

2. Moehrig

I wouldn't mind trading back in the first to the 19-25 range and getting either one.  I'd honestly prefer Moehrig in the first and taking an OT in the second.  I just feel the FS class is weak this draft.  OT and LB are pretty deep.  I'm not really a fan of the Edge/DE class this draft.  A lot of them come with question marks so I'd prefer we draft one on day three and coach them up.  I feel pretty good about our DL compared to other posters on this forum.

I don't think Parsons will be available at 19.  I wouldn't mind JOK, just hope we can actually get him on the field and making plays.  I don't want an OG in the first at all.  I don't think we are going CB in the first with everything Gruden has said about us investing so much into our DBs the last couple drafts, so I don't even care to consider any of them as possible picks.  I just don't think it's going to happen.  

I'm just ready for the draft.  Tired of talking about it.  Just want it to happen.

1. Justin Fields -- should go 3rd, but people are saying he falls into late teens to 20s, I'd 100% take him. We'd have the luxury of grooming behind Carr, or execute a trade of Carr while his value is still high on a cheap 2 year deal to either Washington (reunite with JDR) or Chicago (reunite with Mack).

2. Christian Darrisaw -- favorite OL in the class, Sewell is close and I probably would take him over Darrisaw but for our team with our scheme I like Darrisaw the most. Pure tackle. Should be top 10.

3. Patrick Surtain -- I like him more than Farley even without Farley's back issue. Farley is new to the position, and Surtain is born to play the position. Coming in he'd be more ready day 1 for what the NFL throws at him. He comes across as more humble and coachable to me than Farley who has an arrogance similar to Johnathan Abram. I don't say that in a bad way or as an avoid the guy, but I feel like they are confident and will do what they are comfortable with, whereas a Surtain comes across as well rounded but still pliable to coaching. Farley has equal or superior upside potential, but Surtain has high upside while having a high floor.

4. Devonta Smith -- Once again another guy that should be top 10, but might fall for size concerns. If available slam dunk pick.

I don't really care beyond that. There's a lot of guys that should be on the board and at that point I just want to trade down and collect 2nd and 3rd round picks until the board whittles down a bit. Azeez Ojulari I think is the most freakish of the likely available and I'd be comfortable with him at 17. Caleb Farley I'd be fine with. JOK and Moehrig would be alright as well, but I still think you could big board these guys up and gain a pick moving down adding more players that are associated with us like Cosmi, Jenkins, Barmore, etc and get at least one of them in the mid-late 20s. I'd rather get a "bad value" trade down and whittle the board down than mini-reach for a specific guy at our pick unless it was one of the 4 I listed (or someone obvious like Sewell being there because the entire NFL hated opt out or something).

EDIT: Kwity Paye or Azeez Ojulari I think are my top two of the didn't really fall but in range guys.

Edited by Trojan

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

1. Teven Jenkins

2. Moehrig

I wouldn't mind trading back in the first to the 19-25 range and getting either one.  I'd honestly prefer Moehrig in the first and taking an OT in the second.  I just feel the FS class is weak this draft.  OT and LB are pretty deep.  I'm not really a fan of the Edge/DE class this draft.  A lot of them come with question marks so I'd prefer we draft one on day three and coach them up.  I feel pretty good about our DL compared to other posters on this forum.

I don't think Parsons will be available at 19.  I wouldn't mind JOK, just hope we can actually get him on the field and making plays.  I don't want an OG in the first at all.  I don't think we are going CB in the first with everything Gruden has said about us investing so much into our DBs the last couple drafts, so I don't even care to consider any of them as possible picks.  I just don't think it's going to happen.  

I'm just ready for the draft.  Tired of talking about it.  Just want it to happen.

People talk about traded back all the time but if the Raiders trade back another team would trade ahead of us to get Moehrig.

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

People talk about traded back all the time but if the Raiders trade back another team would trade ahead of us to get Moehrig.

Alright.  Glad you can see the future.  I take it you must be Dr. Strange?

Parsons

darrisaw

jenkins

meohrig

jok

phillips

As always I just hope who the heck ever we get, he performs like a first rounder/solid starter at the least. I was ok with Ferrell , I thought he’d be good for 6/8 a year at least. This will be his last year for me. Period.lol. Last year, yeah I was firmly in the lamb camp. All I can do is hope Henry improves. Seems like the last pick I was really excited about was C Wood. Lmao! (It was prolly Mack, but I digress. Lol!) any one of the six I listed will work. Btw, yeah I like Jenkins, how often do you see horn rims and an attitude.lmao! Seriously though, I think he’ll be just fine. Gut feeling strictly, yeah, I saw the technical issues. No need to beat that up further. Lol and it goes without saying trade down works best. I’ve been pounding that table since the 04 draft.

Guys I'm be very happy with 

1. Parsons

2. Surtain JR- doubt he drops 

3. Farley - can't pass up the star potential. We always had a star CB 

4. JOK

Guys I'll be fine with 

5. Slater/Darrishaw - both are studs. I honestly don't think either get past the Chargers at 12. I like how both actually project as LT starters too, just shows their skillset. Could serve two roles; backup LT, and starting RT

6. Phillips/ Paye/ Oweh/ Ojulari - honestly hard to determine who will be the better pro. I lean on Phillips but those injury concerns 

7. Zaven Collins- I personally like his alot, he's a freak athlete, great size , and can play. There have been Brian Urlacher comps, as they use to both be QBs

8. Vera Tucker- not dreaming of taking a guard, but I like the ceiling. 

9. Greg Newsome - he's really grown on me. I want to give Arnette a shot so lower on my list 

anyone else would be a reach too, and a letdown 

Edited by Humble_Beast

LB Parsons

T's Sewell (Over Parsons but barely)  Slater then Darrisaw in that order no others without trading down

CB Farley then Surtain

S Morhrig prefer trade down but would take over all the other tackles not listed above. If he gets taken before our trade down it's T then move up with our 2nd to get S