2021 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

21 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Is DT really more pressing than CB?  They basically have nothing at CB past this year except Jaire and Sullivan.  On the DL they at least have Kenny (who is good), Lowry (who is serviceable), and Keke (who is intriguing) for >1 year.

It's close.  Just depends on how highly you think of Barmore (or another DL).

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Not a single person on here pounded the table for Oweh like the masses did for Watt, so they better not. If no one from the fan base wanted the guy in the moment, they can't complain.

It's going to be Elijah Moore, Teven Jenkins & JOK always compared to Stokes by the fan base IMO.

Plus, we're not in the same situation in regards to Edge.  An Edge Rusher was pretty easily the roster's biggest need in 2017 and today it's probably the roster's biggest strength.  

Moore and Jenkins will be 2017's Watt considering the state of the roster in regards to WR & Tackle.  CB was certainly a need (just like 2017) but it's hard to argue it was the biggest need.

1 hour ago, R T said:

I will be surprised if we do not see a trade up 6-11 spots today in the 2nd round. There will probably be a run on OT's and WR's and I don't think Gutes will get shutout with one of them.  

I'm going to call my shot.  #56 and #250 (via Seattle) for #62, #135, and #178.

49 minutes ago, R T said:

Are you saying that if all things are equal with prospects that the Packers would go DL first? ...

Perhaps?  Hard for me to guess if Gute has a level plateau with a DL, WR, OL, Edge, and ILB, which he'd choose.  It might well be DL; if he thinks the next tiers for rounds 3 and 4 won't have DL left, but might still have viable WR and OL left then?

Heh heh, if he actually had a tier with 3-5 of those position groups still populated, then I suppose a trade-down would probably make sense, too.   

Lions with Sewell, Bears with Fields, Vikings with Darrisaw. All great picks filling dire needs. And we get Stokes, who I openly did not expect, at all. Honestly thought we would've went with his teammate in Tyson Campbell before him. Not upset at the pick really, a little disappointed considering who was still there, though.