2021 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

Give Gute a thumbs up.  Thought he might of tried to appease Aaron.  Nope has a plan and is sticking to it.  Stokes has been talked about.  We needed a DB for sure.  Yah Rodgers was kicking back thinking ok now they will get me my receiver just threw his glass of scotch at the TV.  Just listening to Aaron over the years really believe the media are blowing this story way out of proportion.  We are going to hear about this crap until Aaron comes out and squashes it.  In this case no news is not good news.  

• Like 1

Just now, NFLGURU said:

Listen guys,, you need a good corner.  What happens when King is gone after next year and Alex decides to move on.  Gotta plan for it.  Not my first choice, but I get it. 

Lol Packers are not letting Jaire move on in free agency. They drafted Stokes to pair him with Jaire for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Send best part of the Stokes pick is it tells me Bahk's knee is going to be fine! Best part is it means King is gone after this year. Stokes will likely get some playing time this year given King's injury history. I'm stoked!

Yeah...the writing is on the wall for King.

2 minutes ago, WaitWhat said:

Lol Packers are not letting Jaire move on in free agency. They drafted Stokes to pair him with Jaire for the foreseeable future.

I hope so, paying him top dollar won't be easy.  

7 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Listen guys,, you need a good corner.  What happens when King is gone after next year and Alex decides to move on.  Gotta plan for it.  Not my first choice, but I get it. 

First off, who is Alex?  If you're referring to Jaire Alexander, he has a 5th year option that the Packers are going to exercise.  And even if there wasn't that option they would franchise tag him.

11 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

If what sets Aaron Rodgers off is "the Packers take a cornerback" I'm not sure he paid a lot of attention to the team he was on last season, since this was 100% predictable after the NFCCG.

If you were going to circle "what position do the Packers target in the 1st" you pretty much could circle "cornerback" once they extended Bakhtiari.

I had DL on the same lv as CB.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

First off, who is Alex?  If you're referring to Jaire Alexander, he has a 5th year option that the Packers are going to exercise.  And even if there wasn't that option they would franchise tag him.

Alex's 5th year is this coming year.  Have you see their cap situation for 2022.  Its not pretty.  I hope the retain Alex after next year.  Will they?  Probably but it won't be easy without on the cap.

Edited by NFLGURU

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Alex's 5th year is this coming year.  Have you see their cap situation for 2022.  Its not pretty.  I hope the retain Alex after next year.  Will they?  Probably but it won't be easy without on the cap.

I'd bet my life savings Green Bay will not let Jaire walk.  And Jaire actually has this year and next year (his 5th year option) left.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/jaire-alexander-25113/