Broncos acquire QB Teddy Bridgewater

.Buzz

22 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

When they draft Fields what happens with Lock if he's not traded?

Lock would be traded at pretty much the same value as Bridgewater.   Some team would probably pay a conditional 5th/6th, if they are the odd man out on the game of musical chairs.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Honestly, I've made my peace with Fields going to SF.    I'll believe Mac Jones is SF's choice when the pick is in.

Having said that, if Jones is taken at 1.3...then game on.

Nope. Nope nope. Bad juju.

SF is going Lance and the Broncos will get Fields be either trading with the Lions at #7 or staying at #9. Jones falls to NE.

That's how my dream goes and we all live happily ever after.

36 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I dont know about that, your essentially doing what you did a year before by going after a vet qb and hoping they turn in to something they werent on a different team. I am not saying Darnold is trash but I am not saying he is randomly going to be a top 10 qb. If Darnold struggles what do you do then just stick it out for the remainder of the year and look at 2022 draft? There is a reason why he was moved and never panned out at pick 3, I am not sure of any qb who randomly stinks on their first team and becomes a franchise qb on another team? I am not saying Carolina has to go all in and move to 4 but if a qb is there at 8 you should take a shot same thing with denver at 9. Its a passing league the only way you get to the playoffs and superbowl is with a franchise qb which neither bridge nor darnold have proven they can be

If you are going to say Darnold is trash, say it instead of denying it.  There is plenty of explanation for the recent performance of the NYJFC that do not require Darnold to be trash.

From what I have seen, it is rational for the braintrust in Charlotte to look at Darnold and say, "We can win with that. We have the skill pieces around him on offense. We just need to beef up the line a bit and Darnold will be in a position to succeed and that will allow us to continue to work on building a defense. And we will not have to endure the growing pains and mistakes of a rookie quarterback in the process."

With no Bridgewater on the team and Slater taken at #7, Carolina will not have to endure any quarterback questions. It is a clean situation, which was my point.

What would Carolina do if Darnold fails? They would find another quarterback. Good news. They will have a full draft to improve their team in other areas in the meantime and most of their future draft capital preserved.

What is the failure rate of the #4 quarterback in this year's draft? I would say it is comparable or higher than Darnold's. This would be compounded if Carolina squandered draft capital by moving up.

1 hour ago, Techbert said:

If you are going to say Darnold is trash, say it instead of denying it.  There is plenty of explanation for the recent performance of the NYJFC that do not require Darnold to be trash.

From what I have seen, it is rational for the braintrust in Charlotte to look at Darnold and say, "We can win with that. We have the skill pieces around him on offense. We just need to beef up the line a bit and Darnold will be in a position to succeed and that will allow us to continue to work on building a defense. And we will not have to endure the growing pains and mistakes of a rookie quarterback in the process."

With no Bridgewater on the team and Slater taken at #7, Carolina will not have to endure any quarterback questions. It is a clean situation, which was my point.

What would Carolina do if Darnold fails? They would find another quarterback. Good news. They will have a full draft to improve their team in other areas in the meantime and most of their future draft capital preserved.

What is the failure rate of the #4 quarterback in this year's draft? I would say it is comparable or higher than Darnold's. This would be compounded if Carolina squandered draft capital by moving up.

Agreed. Either Fields falls and Panthers take him and reevaluate. Or they roll with Darnold, take a LT or Kyle Pitts if he falls. If Darnold sucks then they either get a great pick next year or they make a run at Aaron Rodgers in FA.